Time to rank the over levers

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Xman

Time to rank the over levers

Post by Xman »

Almost time to fish or cut bait in deciding on an over lever AP.

Gamo Compact .... if one could be found
FAS 6004 ..... also if one could be found. US distributer say no incoming product is expected from Italy.
Air Venturi V10 ...... available from several sources
WEIHRAUCH HW 75 .....available from at least one source
WEIHRAUCH HW 45 ... also available from several sources

First 3 are near clones, A good amount of plastic parts. FPS very suspect. Specs out at 330fps max. Some published workarounds for the FAS to boost the FPS to just about 400fps if one were so inclined to do so.

HW 75 all metal, ambi "target" grip. Handles like a 1911. Berryhill can make true target grips, even Pardini style to fit.

HW 45 similar inform and construction to the 75. Is spring piston in design and offers 2 different FPS modes
Is near identical to Beeman P1 and P11

Have I missed any? Am I mistaken in my research? Let me know.

Am leaning towards the WEIHRAUCH HW 75.
Rover

Re: Time to rank the over levers

Post by Rover »

Please stop messing around with that crap and find a used "real" gun cheap.
Steevyg

Post by Steevyg »

Hi there, I’ve had Gamo Compact since September and my scores have improved from 366 - October, 445 - November, 483 - December.
I’m sure I’ll get into the 500’s in the new year.
I’ve had to fettle the trigger a lot to make it useable, other wise it’s way too heavy. Sorry don’t have any experience of the other guns.
If I had my time over I’d have probably gone for a more expensive one. Good luck.
Richard144

Post by Richard144 »

You don't even have the winner listed. That would be the HW 40 also sold by Beeman as the P-3. There is also a Chinese knockoff (PC correct I hope)
sold as a Beeman P-17. They are all plastic on the outside but shoot fine, and the price is right.
Rick B.
Xman

Post by Xman »

Rover wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:59 am Please stop messing around with that crap and find a used "real" gun cheap.
OK tell me where I can get a "real" gun cheap. Selling any of your precious FWB SSPs cheap? Let me know.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Xman wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:58 am
Rover wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:59 am Please stop messing around with that crap and find a used "real" gun cheap.
OK tell me where I can get a "real" gun cheap. Selling any of your precious FWB SSPs cheap? Let me know.
Have you put an ad in the Classified?
Have you looked on ebay?
Have you put ads in other airgun forums?
Have you looked for "dead ones" you might repair?
You could respond to this by begging other readers in a pathetic manner.
Personally, I "buy low sell high".

But, if you're feeling cheap, there's always the Daisy 717 (or 747), used by World Champion Don Nygord to win the California State Championship.
You can find it for less than $100 AND you can find info on TT on how to tweak it for free.

Or, how about this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175065358105?h ... SwAqJhuRC2