Cheap pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Cheap pellets

Post by Rover »

Quite a while back, I bought some Daisy pellets because they were really cheap. I never again bought Daisy after that.

A couple of days ago, a shooter at the range showed me some Daisy pells (WC and pointed) and asked which to use.

The same day, I was in a large sports store and spotted a can of 500 Daisy WCs in a blister pak for $5.49. They were made
in Spain (as opposed to the last Chinese batch) and were in a nice screw lid can.

On a whim, I bought them and inspected them at home. They looked very nice! I'll take them to the range soon and play.
bigaaron

Re: Cheap pellets

Post by bigaaron »

I used to buy those around 2010 or so before I got my first PCP air pistol and then started buying the RWS pellets. Not sure where they were made. They seemed ok, never did any testing on them. I don't see the wadcutter's around here anymore only see the pointed ones now.

Aaron
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

I used Daisy pellets when I first started. There were a *lot* of duds. They were fine for when I first started but I would never use them now, and definitely not in a match.
sal6781

Post by sal6781 »

H&N Excite Econ II .177 Cal, 7.4 Grains, Wadcutter, 500ct.

I don't shoot well enough to pay for better then these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sal6781

Post by sal6781 »

I forgot. Buy 4 and get one free at Pyramyd !!!!!!
m1963

Post by m1963 »

This looks like one of the better deals out there, for inexpensive pellets-

https://vogelusa.com/vogel-practice-pel ... in-98.html
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

I've been using H&N Excite Plinking pellets from Pyramid Air at $5 for 500. Buy four and get one free. The latest shipment is functionally excellent. I use them for practice and then switch to a RWS Meister for competition. No discernable score difference for me in that regard....
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
rmca

Post by rmca »

In my testing, H&N Excite were some of the worst performers.
Check it out here: https://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51440&
RWS Club, and Geco didn´t do well eider.
RWS Basic was a nice surprise. Been using them since, switching to R10 or H&N Final Match for competitions, just for a mental boost.

Hope this helps
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

I've never used anything but RWS basics, but as the price went up and the tin filled with 300 instead of 500 I bought H&H Match Lights for a lower cost. In the interim I picked up a can of 500 Sig Sauer wadcutters at Bass Pro for $9; they seem to be sized more consistently than Basics.
Also at Pyramid Air-buy 4 get one free, free shipping and a $20 off coupon. Hard to beat that deal.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

rmca wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:07 am In my testing, H&N Excite were some of the worst performers.
Check it out here: https://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51440&
RWS Club, and Geco didn´t do well eider.
RWS Basic was a nice surprise. Been using them since, switching to R10 or H&N Final Match for competitions, just for a mental boost.

Hope this helps
Interesting. When I can manage to get groupings with the Excite pellets that match the grouping size of your bench test, that will be the time to upgrade to a better pellet for practice. I don't expect that to happen in the near future.......sigh ;-)
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

If you buy a case from Neal Stepp, you can get basics for $6.35 per 500 tin.
Meisterkugeln are $8.35 per tin.

That includes shipping.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

brent375hh wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:55 am If you buy a case from Neal Stepp, you can get basics for $6.35 per 500 tin.

That includes shipping.
$.0127 per pellet for Basic. $.0075 per pellet for Excite. Dry Fire $0.00 :-)
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

brent375hh wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:55 am If you buy a case from Neal Stepp, you can get basics for $6.35 per 500 tin.

That includes shipping.
RWS Meisterkugeln US$13-$16 (AU$18-$22) and Hobby US$7 (AU$10) per tin of 500 around here and that's store pickup. Marginally cheaper for a sleeve. In Oz, airgun pellets are treated the same as cartridge ammunition in all legal respects with all the attendant on-costs. Have to be bought from a dealer and cannot be bought online or shipped (except to a dealer). We make every shot count! Crazy rules and crazy prices.

Bob
Rover

Post by Rover »

Man, this sure got windy when I was just telling you guys about another cheap pellet you might want to try.

As for myself, I have a large stock of RWS Basics.