Low ( very low ) velocity LP2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sideoiler

Low ( very low ) velocity LP2

Post by sideoiler »

what would cause a very low velocity in a 10 yr old LP2 with about 4000 pellets fired?
Velocity loss was sudden , cleaned threads etc , no change .
I realize the regulator can be adjusted but there will be a cause of velocity loss.
Interested what could cause this loss , actually its like air is not getting past the regulator.
When I attach a fully filled cylinder , the usual pressure sound is absent ,
along with a removal of the cylinder , hardly any escaping air , just a very weak puff.
When live firing the crack of firing is gone and pellet barely gets to a 10 meter target .
Cylinder is original and is 10 yrs old
Hmmm, sounds like a new pistol would solve all the problems . I'll give it thought , but
would like to have a go at a repair

thanks for any help
Last edited by sideoiler on Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pbrejsa

Re: Low ( very low ) velocity LP2

Post by pbrejsa »

I recommend sending LP2 to the gun manufacturer's service. He will clean it and replace damaged parts, usually just o-rings and possibly cracked springs. Costs around 100 euros plus postage.
Last edited by pbrejsa on Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Sounds like the regulator has died. I would also recommend sending it to a qualified repair shop. In the USA, that would be Pilkington. I just had them repair an LP10 for the team I help coach. They did a complete overhaul and fixed the regulator, which was producing wild velocity variations. It cost about $200 US, and they turned it around very quickly.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

If it's just the regulator, Pilkington will swap out regulators for about $80. You just have to take off the old one off by removing the 4 outer screws.
KH250

Post by KH250 »

In the parts manual, part labelled 6, threaded collar can pop out the back of the frame if the retaining grub screw comes loose. The velocity adjusting screw is threaded into the collar. If you take the grip off it will be sitting proud of the frame. Only thing holding it in is the grip. It happened to my LP10 a couple of months ago. The parts manual shows the lp2 having the same setup as the lp10. Velocity will go from good to very slow suddenly.