Question about Rink grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dontshootcritters

Re: Question about Rink grips

Post by dontshootcritters »

Thats extremely disappointing for you to have it arrive and not be right. If its not too far off what you were wanting you can add some Quikwood [damn fine product here!!] and build it up or alternatively rasp/sand it back. In fairness though if it is along way from what you ordered it would be fair to have it replaced..
I have to say I found Mr Rink extremely good to deal with and Im very pleased with my grip. Just check you have given them the correct hand measurements.

All the best and kind regards
Rover

Post by Rover »

I think many don't realize that Rink offers two different grips: one is "stock" like factory grips, and the other is purported to be custom sized to your hand. Two different prices.

I think the "stock" are no more likely to fit your hand than the factory grips, and are therefore silly to buy. Learn to fit what you have or pay to have it done.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Thomas is very good about replacing a grip that is the wrong size provided it hasn’t been messed with. Only costs you the return shipping - he covers the re-shipping.

I’ve got 3 of his grips with a fourth for my GSP just clearing Oz customs as I write. I have found that the “thick” grip works well for me as I have longish fingers. Unfortunately, despite getting a Large, Thick grip for my P44 it was still too shallow back to front and the second falange of each of my fingers were not at right angles to the pistol axis - I still had to add putty to the front to turn my fingers across the axis.

Bob
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Don't automatically discount a Rink "stock" grip until you have tried one of the correct size and configuration.

I suspect people are buying them online, without trying several sizes first. By the numbers, I should have ordered an L but after trying a few different grips (and actually adjusting them to fit my hand thanks to the patience of the owners) I went with the XL. I think I made the correct decision and it seems to be working well at the moment. You also won't be disappointed with the adjustment scheme and range of fit adjustment.

Again - good luck !
spektr

Post by spektr »

I have a P44.
I have Rinks on my free pistols.

Understanding that, you would be best advised to hack the existing P44 Grip back to a usable shape.
The P44 grip has internal adjustments for rotation and rake the rinks will not replicate. use wood putty and or
the squeezable epoxy paste from Walmart. with a bit of work, you will get it there. the only situation that becomes
unworkable is if you grind away all the wood AND have to go farther, That's tough to do , also, don't worry about what it ends up looking like. You can paint it when youre done if you need to have it look sane. The facts are that Rinks are a great jumping off point for a gun to fit you perfectly, but I feel that Andrew Berryhill is a bit better, he talks to you on the phone to fit you, and you can get a pile of colors if you want. Also he is prced better and is Local so to speak.......
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

I have bought a number of Rink Grips. A stock Small for a TOZ-35M Fit me fine, while a Small for a S&W Model 41 that I bought used were too small. Morini Mediums fit me perfectly on my CM-84E and medium stock Rink on my Walther/Hammerli FP500 fit me perfectly. I have NILs for my P240, which are medium and fit well, so it seems that they can be all over the place, especially if you have finger groves that make it necessary for your fingers to better meet up with.

What I have found is that all the custom grip makers have been responsive to my calls or E-mails and the ones I have ordered direct with tracings and my hand dimensions, have all been fine regardless of what size they are called.

I have found Dick Horton grips to be great also and he is another maker who is easy to correspond with.

I just bought a set of Rinks for my Buckmark. They don't have finger groves and based on the pictures I think I can make them work. I bought these used and will have soon.

Bob
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

rkittine wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:41 pmI just bought a set of Rinks for my Buckmark. They don't have finger groves and based on the pictures I think I can make them work. I bought these used and will have soon.
Rinks for the Buckmark? I know Nill makes them (have a pair, they run small!), but haven't heard that Rink does.
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

Sorry - They are NIL
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV