My Road ... 10m AirPistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
GarField000

My Road ... 10m AirPistol

Post by GarField000 »

I am not sure if it's allowed. If not .. just tell me to quit :).

As mentioned in my introduction .. I started at home with a cheap non match gun on 7mtr at home.
This year I started at a club/range on 10m with a Walther LP400.
Oktober I started matches ...... few weeks ago I could come to the pistol match group on wednesday.
They have 2 teachers/trainers/coaches. 1 for pistol, one for rifle.

First thing I learned is balance. After that no specific lessons as he or me was not able to come.

So today I wanted to focus on the trigger.
Not to pull on it when you think the aim is good.
For now I can't do what it should look like (focus .... drop down to your aimingspot, stop breathing .... stop the movement ... gently bring the trigger to you. My movement is still very large ... so what I do now is 'pull' the trigger when you are on the right spot .. I can't keep it on a small spot for longer than 2 seconds. So I have to be quick ....... wich results in pistolmovement.
So I have been working on that today (on my own as there was no teacher). It is hard :D. Sometimes it went perfect .... but many times not so much.
To much movement ...

At some point my shoulder/neck started hurting. Hmmm.
I am paralel on the shooting line so I have to twist my head a lot to the right. That creates tension in the neck.
Thinking about the foresight video's .... you have to stand relaxed .... check how you walk and stand still .... make sure there is as less tension as you can .....
So I moved a bit (put my left food more to the front) so I don't have to turn my head so much .... and it felt better but strange .... still I could lift the gun and it came straight on the line of fire ... First 5 shots felt weird ..... Second 54 and last card for today was very good.
2021.11.24.Score48.jpg
2021.11.24.Score48.jpg (51.68 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
Not sure if it was a lucky card. I have to go practise again 2morrow than.
Saturday I have a match so I have to practise a bit more.
GarField000

Re: My Road ... 10m AirPistol

Post by GarField000 »

Today I went to the range to continue test the new footwork.
And offcourse think about trigger technic.

I also had to do one more round for the internal competition 2021. As we are unsure what the new covid rules will be I wanted to do it now. IC is only 40 shots. But I wanted to train 60 for the match this weekend.

After 20 warmup shots I did 10 shots 'normal'. Than I did the 40 for the IC, and than 10 again for my 60 training.
The cards for the IC are signed and numbered before you go to the range.

It was a good day except for one stupid mistake. After 30 shots in total I took a small break to give my feet a bit rest and drink some water.
Than I go back to the spot and re-allign .... when I wanted to take my first shot something went wrong and I touched the trigger to hard while i was not ready. I big fat 4 !!!!!. Wauw. Idiot. The rest off the round went good. I had my PB (Personal Best) for 40 shots. Total 347.
2021.11.25-347.jpg
2021.11.25-347.jpg (45.99 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
only 4 times a 7. That's good if I look at previous cards.

On the 60 shots I got 515 ...... that is my second best score .....
Only 7 shots that are lower than 8. 2 bad it was a 4 and a 6 besides the 5 times 7.

But it's progression. Wonder how I do this weekend.
GarField000

Post by GarField000 »

Today I had a match ..... omg what a mess it was.
I could not get the gun still enough .....

To many bad scores. 2 times a 5 !!! and 2 times a 6.
87, 76 (2 x 5), 82, 87, 87, 89. Total score 508.
Allthough my best match score, it didn't fell very good.

Due to covid rules all sportbuildings have to close at 17.00 .... so time for practise is done.
charliemow13

Post by charliemow13 »

Your story sounds similar to mine GarField000, cheap ssp pistol (HW40) to start me off last year and only started to get more serious after I picked up an old LP2 mid way through this year. Regular dry fire to start to maintain stability and sight alignment throughout the shot process is starting to yield some improvements in my group size and trigger is a lot smoother now. Took me several months to realise the importance of that. And by Rovers rule of 20k I'm only 12.5% of the way to having any clue what I'm doing. Stick with it!
Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad! :-)
Ade C

Post by Ade C »

You're doing pretty good for a new guy I reckon.
How does closing sport buildings at 5 stop the spread of covid? Seems unnecessary to me
GarField000

Post by GarField000 »

Ade C wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:46 am You're doing pretty good for a new guy I reckon.
How does closing sport buildings at 5 stop the spread of covid? Seems unnecessary to me
Thx.
The biggest spread in my country is at schools. 25% of postive tested are in the age of 6 to 15.
They infect the parents and they ......
So the smart option would be close schools. But they don't want to do it so now all shops, sportcomplex and everything BUT foodshops need to close at 17.00. Restaurtants can still do pickup/dilvery after 17.00.
What this will do? Make me sad en frustrated but Covid wise it does nothing much.
But that's not what I want to talk about because i get very upset and mad