False report of Feinwerkbau P8X demise

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
GoodEnuf

False report of Feinwerkbau P8X demise

Post by GoodEnuf »

I am a devoted FWB owner and was surprised and saddened to read that production of the FWB P8X was discontinued. (The post was contained a the end of a recent thread, "Feinwerkbau P8X review; how to improve it".) Specifically,

"rmca wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:12 pm

PirateJohn wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:26 pm
I tried buying the P8X but apparently it has been permanently discontinued. I ended up with a Pardini K12.

Where did you hear that?

https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sporting- ... Model-P-8X

I tried to buy one and that's what the sales rep told me."

That motivated me to contact FWB directly, via e-mail. The company representative responded immediately. She indicated any report indicating the P8X was out of production was in error. The P8X is still offered for sale by the manufacturer.

Giving the noted sales rep every benefit of doubt, maybe his supply is suffering as part of the global shortages now experienced by everyone. In any case I am reassured Feinwerkbau remains a player in the precision pistol market and I will be able to continue wheelbarrowing money in Feinwerkbau's direction in the foreseeable future.

My respect for the company increased with their pleasant and prompt reply to my request for information.

JE
Reporting from the Cascade Subduction Zone...
PirateJohn

Re: False report of Feinwerkbau P8X demise

Post by PirateJohn »

Good to hear. Dunno why the store would tell me they were discontinued... 😕
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

It may just have been a miscommunication. Over the years, I've had many instances where a seller has declared something discontinued, without specifying WHO was doing the discontinuing, them or the manufacturer. Often, what they should have said is that they are no longer carrying the item. Demand may have fallen off for an older model, or their profit margin is bigger with the newer ones.

A lot of places won't want to admit that they have no stock in a specific item you are interested in. They will tell you it's discontinued in an attempt to get you to buy something they have handy. If I catch them at it, I don't do business with them after that sort of nonsense. I also make sure to let my friends know about it as well. It's even easier now, with Google & Yelp reviews.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hey, Pirate John.....I guess you know what ya gotta do!
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:37 pm Hey, Pirate John.....I guess you know what ya gotta do!
Would that be to change plans and buy an SSP?
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

To be fair to Pirate, many companies don't tell you they have discontinued a product until they have sold all remaining stock, and work in process for that line.

They often also wait until their distribution channel is close to dry before releasing it's successor model.
Not saying this is the case here, but it certainly does happen.
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

Rover wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:37 pm Hey, Pirate John.....I guess you know what ya gotta do!
Well, no. I already bought the Pardini.