AP with straight back trigger rather than pinned

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
william

Re: AP with straight back trigger rather than pinned

Post by william »

Agt. Smith wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:43 pmI know what you mean about old designs - my grandfather caught all the biggest brook trout with just an old long piece of bamboo.
I'm curious. Did he club the trout to death with the bamboo, spear it, or did he tie a string and a hook to the end of it?
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

william wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:16 pm
Agt. Smith wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:43 pmI know what you mean about old designs - my grandfather caught all the biggest brook trout with just an old long piece of bamboo.
I'm curious. Did he club the trout to death with the bamboo, spear it, or did he tie a string and a hook to the end of it?
Poor man's fly rod. He use to make the Herter's kits - but always preferred to actually use simple bambo & line !
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

Sliding joints are a whole lot harder to make smooth than a rotating pin.

It wouldn't achieve anything unless it were set to slide exactly along the direction your finger happens to pull
left360

Post by left360 »

ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

mhayford45 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:41 am The Morini picture posted looks like it is straight back but if you look at the exploded diagram it is pinned and rotates.

Yes there is movement as the sear lets off. this movement generates a vector force that is not straight back depending on where the trigger is positioned.
the morini in the picture is not a standard morini 162. its fitted with the trigger from onny Nilsson and available from swedish morini importer
http://www.interprodukter.se/tillbehor.php
this trigger is moving straight back and does not rotate on a pin.

Ronny if i remember correctly has designed an upgrade trigger for CM22 (rotating one).
mhayford45

Post by mhayford45 »

Ok I like the inline trigger. How do I contact Ronny Nilsson?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Unless you can tilt it, or modify your grip a LOT, your finger isn't going to want to put it straight back. The natural angle of the trigger finger on most competition air pistols is tilted quite a bit.
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

That trigger is moving exactly parallell to the barrel. You don't want that.
Google interprodukter.se.
robjob

Post by robjob »

mhayford45 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:13 pm I have owned a few APs. My first was a Pardini. It was a constant struggle with the grip and trigger position trying to get it into as neutral a position as possible. I had to forced my wrist over so far that on shot release my hand +wrist would bounce up under the tension and the trigger position was a strain on my trigger finger. My second was a Steyr Evo 10E. The same problems. There was not enough adjustment to fit me. Then I tried a Walther LP500 at WAG a few seasons back. There was enough adjustment in the 3D grip and trigger placement to eliminate most of the issues. Sold the others. I however, still see a little upward movement on shot release due to upward trigger pressure with a relaxed grip. This I compensate for with more grip pressure and holding that through the shot release. This all would disappear with a straight back trigger.... i think. Too bad there is not a US made Olympic class AP. A picture is attached showing my setup.
The grip on the lp500 can be rotated down quite a ways from this position... loosen the stock bolt on the bottom of the grip and tilt away. Be carefull as it also rotates and tilts left/right
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

robjob wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:18 am
mhayford45 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:13 pm
The grip on the lp500 can be rotated down quite a ways from this position... loosen the stock bolt on the bottom of the grip and tilt away. Be carefull as it also rotates and tilts left/right
The same happens (right/left rotate) also with the screw on the side. It gave me hell of a time to tighten it straight again, and still not sure whether I did it right.
May intention was to tilt the nose up a little a bit because the pistol falls down during aiming and trigger operation for some reason, maybe the grip is big or I dunno...
Eventually I understood that it was the wrong screw. The side screw moves the grip up and down bıt does not tilt. I guess for what I wanted to do, I need to loosen the screw at the bottom not the on the side.

Now, the screw at the bottom seems tight, couldn't loosen it, and I am scared to apply more pressure since I am too bad with my hands, few technical skills.
robjob

Post by robjob »

emre-nur wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:18 am
robjob wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:18 am
mhayford45 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:13 pm
The same happens (right/left rotate) also with the screw on the side. It gave me hell of a time to tighten it straight again, and still not sure whether I did it right.
May intention was to tilt the nose up a little a bit because the pistol falls down during aiming and trigger operation for some reason, maybe the grip is big or I dunno...
Eventually I understood that it was the wrong screw. The side screw moves the grip up and down bıt does not tilt. I guess for what I wanted to do, I need to loosen the screw at the bottom not the on the side.

Now, the screw at the bottom seems tight, couldn't loosen it, and I am scared to apply more pressure since I am too bad with my hands, few technical skills.
The side screw should NOT controll rotation. There is a flat spot on the stock bolt that the side screw should be tightened To. The only thing this should controll is the up/down adjustment of the grip. Id you are rotating the grip using the side bolt, something is wrong.

It took me a while to get the stock bolt adjusted correctly, but now the gun comes up with the sights in line.