Olympic Pistol Grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Green_Canoe

Re: Olympic Pistol Grips

Post by Green_Canoe »

Spencer wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:19 pm
Green_Canoe wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:36 pm
toddinjax wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:53 am Forgive me for going off topic but when they test trigger weight at a competition, do they test a dry fire pull or with an empty chamber discharge of air? With my own crude testing device on my 46m, dry fire mode is a little lighter than a discharge of air.
I'm curious how the trigger mechanism knows there's air to be discharged? The trigger only releases a striker. The striker interacts with the valve that releases air. The air hasn't been "touched" by the time the trigger is done doing it's work.
8.4.2 ...When testing air or gas actuated pistols, the propellant charge must be activated.

I was hitting on the OPs claim the trigger on his 46m is heavier when discharging air than when dry firing. I hadn't considered the cheating aspect as brought up by the earlier posters. I'm questioning how it could be different w/o altering the mechanism so as to cheat.
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

atomicgale wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:49 pm Pistol trigger must "Lift" the weight. Then "they" bounce it a bit & it must discharge air.
Local advice seems to be a "bounce" is inappropriate, EC should press the trigger or weight with a finger to set it off.

I'm surprised a horizontal trigger check hasn't been implemented.
It would be the easiest thing in the world to trick the trigger to have a different weight vertically.
william

Post by william »

JamesHH wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:51 am
atomicgale wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:49 pm Pistol trigger must "Lift" the weight. Then "they" bounce it a bit & it must discharge air.
Local advice seems to be a "bounce" is inappropriate, EC should press the trigger or weight with a finger to set it off.

I'm surprised a horizontal trigger check hasn't been implemented.
It would be the easiest thing in the world to trick the trigger to have a different weight vertically.
"Easiest thing in the world"? Let's see a drawing. Remember - it all has to fit in the confined space of a grip frame.
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

Small swinging pendulum rests on an extra spring when unit is vertical.

I can do a CAD model if you like.