FAS 6004 vs Venturi V10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Xman

FAS 6004 vs Venturi V10

Post by Xman »

I had a IZH 46 6 years ago and had to sell then for financial reasons (sadly). Now I wish to reenter the AP field as I am doing Bullseye more and more.

I was looking at the Venturi 46 but had to make the choice of buy the 46 or buy tires. Tires won.

That being said now the choice is the FAS or the V10. Yes they are near clones of the old Gamo Compact and may suffer some degree of being underpowered based on the searches I have done here on both APs.

Now that the FAS and V10 have been around awhile. I seek new opinions ..

Except from Rover.
Gwhite

Re: FAS 6004 vs Venturi V10

Post by Gwhite »

Use the search feature. There's tons of info on the FAS, including how to tune them up for significantly better performance. There are comparison reviews on-line on these two as well:

https://www.airgundepot.com/vault/artic ... -fas-6004/
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

The V10 was my first. It's a decent inexpensive first pistol to practice a bit and see if you want to delve further into the sport. Its downsides are that it doesn't have a dry-fire mode and it often has valve issues so you have to pump the chamber a few times because the air keeps leaking out.
Ade C

Post by Ade C »

The Compact has a dry fire function so I'm assuming the V10 has too?
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

Ade C wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:24 pm The Compact has a dry fire function so I'm assuming the V10 has too?
No, the V10 doesn't. You can kinda fake it by not fully pumping the cylinder but it does not have a dry fire function built in.
Xman

Post by Xman »

Ade C wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:24 pm The Compact has a dry fire function so I'm assuming the V10 has too?
Am the OP. I owned a Gamo Compact before getting my IZH (later sold). The Gamo did not have a dryfire function as I recall.
Ade C

Post by Ade C »

On my compact you just lift the barrel up an inch or 2 and it cocks the trigger
Xman

Post by Xman »

Ade C wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:02 am On my compact you just lift the barrel up an inch or 2 and it cocks the trigger
I did not know that.
Xman

No 6004s a few V10s

Post by Xman »

Done a deep dive for FAS 6004 and found none, no stocking, out of stock etc. The V10s found a few on ebay and one on GB.

Covid? or why the lack of 6004s?

Rather go with a FAS as there are published work arounds for boosting the fps and the all metal construction vs the metal and plastic of the V10.

Can also use 7.0g pellets to assist the fps.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If you want to check into availability, I'd call Chiappa USA:

https://www.chiappafirearms.com/contact.php
clarky

Post by clarky »

This whole question of V10 versus FAS has cropped up a lot but lets answer it properly.

The FAS trigger, which has to be the main considerations of any target pistol, is night and day better. The V10 cannot be called match quality. In fact it is not as good as a bog std utility pistol like a P17. Its disappointing beyond garden target level.
With patience the FAS trigger can be adjusted to have an edge on some fully fledged target pistols like the 46M ….its a different class end of discussion….don't let anyone tell you different.

FAS top housing is so much more solid and stable, and the sights metal. There is a touch of give to the plastic housing of the V10 and you can look up into the barrel compartment from below the gun, giving a hollow feel to it.

Both the sports grip and target grips for the FAS feel nicer than the V10 but it must be said that the V10 grip is pretty good at this price point…its close.
However, the FAS grips come in size options …If you Select the size option that most suits your hand, it kills the V10.

The clear win for me however, is the neat way that the FAS opens, with gentle side snick of the thumb on its side lever.
Lubed with a dab of Superlube, it has a very nice action to it and the lever is perfectly placed. Gold std.
The opening of the V10 is toy like in comparison, with a more awkward position.
Xman

Post by Xman »

clarky wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:01 pm This whole question of V10 versus FAS has cropped up a lot but lets answer it properly.

The FAS trigger, which has to be the main considerations of any target pistol, is night and day better. \
With patience the FAS trigger can be adjusted to have an edge on some fully fledged target pistols like the 46M ….its a different class end of discussion….don't let anyone tell you different.

FAS top housing is so much more solid and stable, and the sights metal. There is a touch of give to the plastic housing of the V10 and you can look up into the barrel compartment from below the gun, giving a hollow feel to it.

However, the FAS grips come in size options …If you Select the size option that most suits your hand, it kills the V10.

The clear win for me however, is the neat way that the FAS opens, with gentle side snick of the thumb on its side lever.
Lubed with a dab of Superlube, it has a very nice action to it and the lever is perfectly placed. Gold std.
The opening of the V10 is toy like in comparison, with a more awkward position.
All that you have said I found via threads here and on reviews. Thank for posting for others not doing a deep dive on the 6004 and V10.

The problems is finding a FAS

I emailed Chiappa US yesterday asking about availability. Nothing back yet. Will post when I get a reply.
Xman

Crickets from Chiappa

Post by Xman »

I have emailed Chiappas US distributer several time. Not a word back.

Have called the US distributer numerous times at various times of day. I get prompted to press one for customer service. It rings twice, gets cut off and then the call is disconnected.

Very disappointed.
Xman

Phone reply from Chaippa USA

Post by Xman »

Someone finally answered the phone.

No 6004s are available. No they are not made in the US, they are made in Italy. No timeline for delivery. No, contacting Italy will not speed up availably.

A whole lot of NOs from Chaippa.

All this trouble is likely not worth it for an AP that specs out at 330fps. Even with some tinkering the best fps I have read is 400fps.

Will take another look at Air Venturi V10 and MAYBE a 46. Perhaps some others. Beeman, Weihrauch etc.