Anyone heard of this Olympic shooter?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Anyone heard of this Olympic shooter?

Post by Rover »

B Lafferty

Re: Anyone heard of this Olympic shooter?

Post by B Lafferty »

I vaguely remember his name from American Rifleman magazine around the time I began shooting small-bore rifle with the Police Boys Cub on Long Island around 1961. The name stuck at the time because I had a shooting friend whose last name was Walsh.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Certainly. One of the few Americans to medal in a pistol event. Later shot, briefly, with the U.S. International Muzzle-Loading Team, IIRC.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

There was an article about him in American Rifleman more then a decade ago. He was still alive, a hundred and something years old and in good shape. There was a picture of him sitting down and holding a shooting trophy.
Maybe it was in Shooting Sports USA when it was still in print, don't remember.
Caster3845

Post by Caster3845 »

Rover, Have I not only heard of him, but met Colonel Walsh many times at Camp Perry during the pistol phase of the matches. He was one of the main award presenters during the award ceremony. He was a delightful gentleman with a lot of stories. To meet him, you would never guess what a bad ass he was in his younger days.