Corami V Sauer

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
B Lafferty

Re: Corami V Sauer

Post by B Lafferty »

I wonder who makes these for Champion's Choice
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... em=CC33536

Looks like the same shoe for less at Creedmoor
https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product ... air--rifle
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
Dcforman

Post by Dcforman »

I will say that I recently bought some Corami's. They felt totally different than either weightlifting or skate shoes. Are they ridiculous? Yes. Do they provide a more stable platform? Yes. They are extremely heavy and rigid. Essentially, they allow more muscles in your leg to be recruited for creating stability, by locking your feet in and not allowing any flex. Sort of like skate shoes times 5. Ridiculously uncomfortable to walk around in, but fine if you don't move. Personally, I think they are worth it. I feel my natural wobble is smaller when I wear the shoes, but I plan on doing some Scatt work to see if I can verify. If folks are interested, I'll report back here.

Whether my wobble is actually better or not, they still make me feel like a better shooter. So I'm gonna keep wearing them! Hell, what else am I gonna spend money on. You can only shoot so many guns...

Dave
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

what about this one?
Almost 1/3 of the price of Corami.
https://buinger.com/Gehmann-shooting-bo ... air-pistol
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

Totally agree with the reply from DCFORMAN. Not meant for walking in...anyone trying to do this for any distance will just wreck them anyway!
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I have the Champions shoes. I can't complain except for the color. I would love to buy some Corami, but I have had bad luck with consistency in euro shoe size. I wear a 10 1/2, and it seems that either 44 or 45 can both be either too big or too small. If anyone know of a US based seller of Corami, please let me know.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

emre-nur wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:52 pm what about this one?
Look exactly like rebranded weight-lifting shoes complete with the strap over the instep.

Bob
UnGe

Post by UnGe »

brent375hh wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:09 pm I have the Champions shoes. I can't complain except for the color. I would love to buy some Corami, but I have had bad luck with consistency in euro shoe size. I wear a 10 1/2, and it seems that either 44 or 45 can both be either too big or too small. If anyone know of a US based seller of Corami, please let me know.
What size of Champions worked for you? I do not think they have halves
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

UnGe wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:03 am
brent375hh wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:09 pm I have the Champions shoes. I can't complain except for the color. I would love to buy some Corami, but I have had bad luck with consistency in euro shoe size. I wear a 10 1/2, and it seems that either 44 or 45 can both be either too big or too small. If anyone know of a US based seller of Corami, please let me know.
What size of Champions worked for you? I do not think they have halves
I bought the size 11, and they are marked 44.
They are a little big, but I think the size 10 would be too small. I checked my other shoes that are marked in euro sizing, they run from 44-45.
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

One other thing with the shoes.

For sometime, I am working on a sub-6 hold, kind of all equal gaps.

As I am also experimenting with different shoes, I see that I need to adjust the elevation according to the height of the shoes. Higher the shoes, lower the sights.
Am I the only dumb figuring this out so late?
UnGe

Post by UnGe »

emre-nur wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 am One other thing with the shoes.

As I am also experimenting with different shoes, I see that I need to adjust the elevation according to the height of the shoes. Higher the shoes, lower the sights.
For 10m distance, you would need to get high heels to feel the difference.
Heel size change is equal to target position change. With roughly 1m distance to sights, impact on sight position is 1/10 of hight change. So bare-footed vs 5cm heels = 0.5cm change in sight position - from the angle perspective really negligible
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

OK - I love my Hoka's, but, I threw caution to the wind and ordered a pair of the Corami pistol shoes. They were shipped yesterday !

It's not the first time I've order footwear from the EU, but it's always tricky. My experience is forget the sizes and go with lengths if available.

Here's the sizing logic I used: My normal size is an 11.5, but my foot measures 11.0 " (27.8cm) *corrected 28 Oct 2021*

I like my shoes and boots on the tight size, so I added 0.5cm to the length, and wound up with 28.3cm or a size 44.

Wish me luck - here is the size converter I used from Schießsport Buinger:

Last edited by Agt. Smith on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

Agt. Smith wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:59 pm OK - I love my Hoka's, but, I threw caution to the wind and ordered a pair of the Corami pistol shoes. They were shipped yesterday !

It's not the first time I've order footwear from the EU, but it's always tricky. My experience is forget the sizes and go with lengths if available.

Here's the sizing logic I used: My normal size is an 11.5, but my foot measures 12.0 " (27.8cm)

I like my shoes and boots on the tight size, so I added 0.5cm to the length, and wound up with 28.3cm or a size 44.

This can vary quite a bit depending on the manufacturer. I raced bicycles for many years starting in 1978. The only racing shoes available back then were either Italian or French. Italian shoes were cut narrow. Depending on the manufacturer I wore 46, 47 or 48. Diadorra in 46 was perfect for my foot, but it took a while to find them here in the US. The good part was actually being able to try them on in a cycle shop.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Agt. Smith wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:59 pm OK - I love my Hoka's, but, I threw caution to the wind and ordered a pair of the Corami pistol shoes. They were shipped yesterday !

Here's the sizing logic I used: My normal size is an 11.5, but my foot measures 12.0 " (27.8cm)

Good luck Sir. I am wearing some Merrill hiking boots that fit my 10-1/2 foot. They are also marked 44.5.

I have worn 43-45 shoes that are all the same size as these. I hope you report back that your fit is perfect.
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

Rover wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:37 am
Ade C wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:45 am There are shoes for air pistol? Well I never
I think this would be at the bottom of the list of things I might need to improve.
I'm far from being one who's advice matters, so take a huge grain of salt; I have a pair of CC and they do FEEL better than just a pair of street shoes. I have plantar fasciitus and so wear cowboy boots 98.5% of the time, can't wear sneakers for more than 45 -60 minutes. I just started up AP again following shoulder issues/surgery. My boots are definitely not good for dryfire straining, wouldn't try shooting in them. I bought the CC shoes when my wife was earning 4X more than I've ever been paid; not a must have but if you've paid $1800 for an AP, dropping $50 on the only piece of extra gear allowed is not extravagant.
They are different enough than regular shoes to make it very strange to walk from my laundry room out the back door in the garage.
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

I think the Corami site suggested 1.5cm/15mm or just over half an inch for the imperial system. I would have admittedly liked it a lot more if they had had a wide fitting option also!!
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Like I said, my experience (with custom made hiking/climbing boots) is that they never ask about "size" - it's always about real foot dimensions. Especially foot length.

I have had several pairs of Asian made hiking boots as well, from 10 1/2 to 12, and they all fit fine actually. Problem was, they never lasted very long before they fell apart. Although I will admit, I am rough on them and hike a lot 4 seasons.

Now I really can't wait to try them on..................!
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

UnGe wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:31 am
emre-nur wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 am One other thing with the shoes.

For 10m distance, you would need to get high heels to feel the difference.
Heel size change is equal to target position change. With roughly 1m distance to sights, impact on sight position is 1/10 of hight change. So bare-footed vs 5cm heels = 0.5cm change in sight position - from the angle perspective really negligible
ok. then I keep on shooting with my socks :)))
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Arrived today - perfect fit. But, remember I like my shoes/boots slightly tight (maybe a "tight pinky" behind the heel). I was worried they would be too narrow in width - but they seem just right.

I don't think instep matters given how the tongue & lacing system is designed. The foot bed insert is especially nice and does add padding.

So, if your foot is 11" long X 4.5" wide (standing) - the Corami size 44 will probably be a good (secure, some might say tight) fit. I'm convinced the 45's would be too sloppy for me.

they are definitely...............flat................and stable..................! My thanks to Schießsport Buinger for supplying the size converter.

Here's the sizing logic I used: My normal size is an 11.5, but my foot measures 11.0 " (27.8cm) *corrected 28 Oct 2021*

JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

emre-nur wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:52 pm what about this one?
I have those, they're OK for the price, could use more heel lift.

I have wide feet, these are sort of medium, I took a few sizes up and they worked out OK

Normally with New Balance trainers I'm a Euro 43-44 2E, Euro 45 worked out wide enough and OK.

Buying blind from half way around the world during a pandemic I didn't want to pay triple for Sauers and risk the wrong size.
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

For anyone interested in user info on the Corami Pistol Shoes:

So, I was able to use them at the range for about 2 hours today. Prior to that I wore them in the house three times for ~ 20 minutes each time.

Right off the bat, I found the blue & white foam insert to be "squishy" and kind of defeating the entire purpose of getting them in the first place. Luckily they come with a sizing kit - so I replaced the squishy inserts with the 2mm flat wool fiber composite soles and the 2mm heal lift under those. That made everything much better and the stance now feels much more rigid and "solid". No sway what so ever. Hoka's they are not. Walking in them will take some getting use too (they kind if remind me of alpine or telemark ski boots, especially with the square toes) - but even after 2 hours they weren't really all that uncomfortable.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far. Being 8 weeks in, I know any performance improvement from these is a small and long term proposition and I'm willing to be patient about that.