Corami V Sauer

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dontshootcritters

Corami V Sauer

Post by dontshootcritters »

Hi guys..

Looking at some shoes for a/p. I have relatively wide feet and wondered if there was a preference between Sauer or Corami please if anyone had experience of these please. Is one a better quality..?

Thanks in advance.
Coolmeester

Re: Corami V Sauer

Post by Coolmeester »

I have 2x Sauers and 1x Corami. Wide feet = corami for you
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
dontshootcritters

Hi there...great..

Thank you. That's exactly what I was wanting to know.

I appreciate your reply.

Kind regards
Andrew
dontshootcritters

I've just received my Corami shoes today. I have wide feet so the Corami was suggested kindly by a member here. Glad I did as they are still pretty tight.. even with very thin socks! Hopefully they may stretch a little.
Having said that the additional standing support they provide is fantastic. The totally flat sole and rigidity of the shoe is definitely advantageous and well worth the investment.
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

I suspect those would clearly provide a stable platform, but for myself I worry about fatigue and the lack of cushioning.

I have really wide feet, and while very different from the Corami's - I use these in 4E width.

They are basically for completely neutral feet, and I could literally stand in them all day with little fatigue. I've been buying them for years and use them for work as well.

https://www.hoka.com/en/us/mens-road/bo ... lsrc=aw.ds
Rover

Post by Rover »

Interesting. All the World Class shooters I know are wearing Nikes or some such.
william

Post by william »

I'm hardly world class, so take this for what it's worth. Skateboard shoes have worked very well for me. Soles are very flat and quite rigid. More than adequate support (I do have good arches). Most important - I was able to go into a store and try them on, not very likely with Sauer or Corami.
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Rover wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:28 am Interesting. All the World Class shooters I know are wearing Nikes or some such.
My son told me Hoka is the Nike of the 21st century. (Yes, he's young) I think Nike and Brooks still lead with runners but Hoka's clearly in the rear view mirror.

I ran my last 2 marathons in the Bondi 6 - unbelievable, assuming you have neutral feet and don't mind the price tag.

If you needed pro or cro support I frankly don't know how they'd behave.
UnGe

Post by UnGe »

Agt. Smith wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:37 am My son told me Hoka is the Nike of the 21st century. (Yes, he's young) I think Nike and Brooks still lead with runners but Hoka's clearly in the rear view mirror.
Hokas are very good for running and walking, but probably not for AP. They have very soft cushion (especially Bondi) and curved base, hugely reducing the stability. These days I drive to the range in Hoka, and change to old hard-sole Ecco there :) Probably flat sole Nike would work better, I tried my son's skateboard shoes - subjectively more stability, but not enough to grant the investment. I'd rather get more ammo :)
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

Hi to all,

While everyone is talking about flat soles, my understanding have been that weight-lifting shoes are recommended because they have some height in the heel which help you stand a bit on the toes. Soft cushion is definitely no good but I am also not stable enough when my weight sinks on my heels.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

I use Karrimor low cut hiking shoes from EMS. My inaccuracies are due to the shoes......:-)
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

Not sure whether would pass the test but vintage asics really looks stylish.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/V1MAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg
Last edited by emre-nur on Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
william

Post by william »

emre-nur wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:49 pm Hi to all,

While everyone is talking about flat soles, my understanding have been that weight-lifting shoes are recommended because they have some height in the heel which help you stand a bit on the toes. Soft cushion is definitely no good but I am also not stable enough when my weight sinks on my heels.
True about soft insoles. Soft = less secure. Then I'd say work on your balance. I think it was Don Nygord who studied pressure traces and determined that weight evenly distribute along the foot is ideal.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

emre-nur wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:49 pm While everyone is talking about flat soles, my understanding have been that weight-lifting shoes are recommended because they have some height in the heel which help you stand a bit on the toes. Soft cushion is definitely no good but I am also not stable enough when my weight sinks on my heels.
Absolutely emre-nur, weight-lifting shoes are the go. Not only do they have a pronounced, but not excessive, heel, the heels are of hard material: first pair I had the heels were made of wood, current pair made of hard polyurethane. Also the soles are thin and hard with no cushioning. One wouldn’t want to stand all day in them but when shooting one sits down from time to time so the lack of cushioning is not a problem.

I sympathise with the wide foot problem which is why I have a second pair - first pair were good but too tight width-wise and no amount of stretching seemed to work.

Bob
Ade C

Post by Ade C »

There are shoes for air pistol? Well I never
Rover

Post by Rover »

Ade C wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:45 am There are shoes for air pistol? Well I never
I think this would be at the bottom of the list of things I might need to improve.
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Rover wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:37 am I think this would be at the bottom of the list of things I might need to improve.
My thoughts exactly.
Ade C

Post by Ade C »

Rover wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:37 am
Ade C wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:45 am There are shoes for air pistol? Well I never
I think this would be at the bottom of the list of things I might need to improve.
Me too. $200? Seriously?
dontshootcritters

I just wonder how many of you guys have ever tried either Sauer or Corami Shoes...? Not many of you I would venture! And to be totally honest I'm with you all. That was until I received mine. I purchased them based on another shooters recommendation here in NZ. I have to say they are totally different to a pair of sneakers or my Doc Marten shoes I used to wear. Totally flat and rigid to stand in. Sneakers aren't even close!! Ok maybe for some people they are too rigid and firm and aren't for you..fair play and no criticism from me...but don't knock them until you've tried is all I would add. Yes they are expensive. I believe power lifting shoes are very similar. Not sure of whether they are legal or not...and I'm not saying they aren't. I knew their cost before purchase obviously and am well pleased.
william

Post by william »

Just what was the cost? My skateboard shoes were about $60USD, and they show no signs of wear after years of use. And (big "and") I got to try them on before buying them.