Red Dot Sight Base for Steyr LP-5/LP-50 or EVO-10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TonyT

Red Dot Sight Base for Steyr LP-5/LP-50 or EVO-10

Post by TonyT »

Is a Wever style base available for the Steyr LP-5/LP-50 or the EVO-10
dronning

Re: Red Dot Sight Base for Steyr LP-5/LP-50 or EVO-10

Post by dronning »

Contact Pilkguns they have several, some don't show up in the online store.
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

There's a custom piece that replaces the rear sight.
Or there's a Steyr piece that slides onto the shroud.

Wouldn't it be nice if the rear sight assembly slid on an 11mm dovetail?
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

It depends on what type sight you want to use. The Steyr mount fits both as it is in front of the cocking arm (LP10/EVO) and magazine tunnel (LP50). It only has one cross slot for sight mounting so you would have to use a Reflex dot or short tube type as shown in pics 2 & 3. The first photo shows a longer weaver rail mounted in place of the rear sight and a Millett dot (same mtg as Matchdot Ultradot). The mount could be turned around but I have not tried with a LP10/EVO to see if it clears the cocking arm.
Attachments
IMG_8013.small.JPG
IMG_8013.small.JPG (45.81 KiB) Viewed 2638 times
IMG_7832.small.JPG
IMG_7832.small.JPG (41.98 KiB) Viewed 2638 times
IMG_7837.small.JPG
IMG_7837.small.JPG (47.18 KiB) Viewed 2638 times
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

Gwelo wrote:It depends on what type sight you want to use. The Steyr mount fits both as it is in front of the cocking arm (LP10/EVO) and magazine tunnel (LP50). It only has one cross slot for sight mounting so you would have to use a Reflex dot or short tube type as shown in pics 2 & 3. The first photo shows a longer weaver rail mounted in place of the rear sight and a Millett dot (same mtg as Matchdot Ultradot). The mount could be turned around but I have not tried with a LP10/EVO to see if it clears the cocking arm.
Thanks for the detailed photos. I will contact Pilkguns. I see you are form AZ - do you shoot at the Rio Slado cluib in Mesa? I shoot there during the winter and look forward to using their new indoor AG range.
Tony
PS: Is the rear sight easy to remove? It sure would be nice if it was mounted on a 11 mm rail.
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

The longer mount shown was made using a purchased length of weaver rail cut to length and machined by a friend to fit the LP50.

The rear sight slides over a raised rib and is secured with a single screw, very easy to remove. You can see the standing rib in my pics. Not a proper dovetail but quite sufficient for sight mounting.

I live near Tucson, about 3 hrs from Rio Salado so I have not been there. I shoot air pistol at Diamondback Supply in Tucson. They have a 4 lane indoor range that is very nice. Might make the trip to check out the Rio Salado indoor range.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

Gwelo wrote:The longer mount shown was made using a purchased length of weaver rail cut to length and machined by a friend to fit the LP50.

The rear sight slides over a raised rib and is secured with a single screw, very easy to remove. You can see the standing rib in my pics. Not a proper dovetail but quite sufficient for sight mounting.

I live near Tucson, about 3 hrs from Rio Salado so I have not been there. I shoot air pistol at Diamondback Supply in Tucson. They have a 4 lane indoor range that is very nice. Might make the trip to check out the Rio Salado indoor range.
Was the shorter Weaver adapter purchsed from Pilkguns?
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

I don't know if Pilk's has the short mount or not. They are not shown on their website. Maybe give them a call.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I purchased the short Weaver style base from Krale Schietsport. It fits the EVO-10 but not the LP-50. Difference in curvature of the barrel shroud.