ISSF Blinder Rule with Knobloch Polarization Filter

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Wai

ISSF Blinder Rule with Knobloch Polarization Filter

Post by Wai »

I have been using the Knobloch Polarization Filter for my non-aiming eye, but that thing is a good 40mm wide.
So will the ISSF rule change for blinders applies for the filter ? I don't think Knobloch sells one that is 30mm wide which is bad news for me.

u4pop-at-yahoo.com.47758.0
Sam

Re: ISSF Blinder Rule with Knobloch Polarization Filter

Post by Sam »

Normally ISSF is to promote the shooting sport. Something to obsolete whatever we are having now will not be the ISSF goal.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: I have been using the Knobloch Polarization Filter for my non-aiming eye, but that thing is a good 40mm wide.
: So will the ISSF rule change for blinders applies for the filter ? I don't think Knobloch sells one that is 30mm wide which is bad news for me.
I wouldn't have thought that a filter, which is obviously designed to let (modified) light through, can possibly be classed as a blinder. However, stranger things have happened.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.47774.47758
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

: I wouldn't have thought that a filter, which is obviously designed to let (modified) light through, can possibly be classed as a blinder. However, stranger things have happened.
============

The Knobloch polarisation filter is a slightly misnamed device as it covers the non aiming eye and its primary goal is to blind, not to filter To confuse matters, Knobloch DO have sell a polarisation filter in the normal sense for the aiming eye.
The blinding polarizer ( goto http://www.knobloch-schiessbrillen.de/allframes.html , click on "Fitting of S.G." and you will find it at the bottom of the second page in as part 200061) has two stacked polarizing filters, one of which rotates in relating to the other. This means that the amount of "blinding" can be varied depending how you position the rotating filter, selected according to whether it is a sunny or dull day. It can vary from a slight grey through to almost completely black. Thus the "goal" of having a roughly equal amount of light falling on each eye (and keeping pupil diameters of each eye roughly the same) can more easily be achieved. Not a bad idea, (though being glass they do add quite a few grams in weight which some aren’t keen on) but as Wai pointed out they could well fall outside of ISSF's new rules.