BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS SHOOTING RANGES-HELP!

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

TonyT

BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS SHOOTING RANGES-HELP!

Post by TonyT »

My son will be moving to the Cambridge/Somerville, Massachusetts area. He want to continue shooting opistol as well as trap and skeet. Does anyone have the names and websites for local shooting clubs? Also local FFL dealers?
Thanks,
Anthony Taraszka
ajtaraszk-at-aol.com.47542.0
Bill Dutton

Re: BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS SHOOTING RANGES-HELP!

Post by Bill Dutton »

http://www.brp.org/
Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club. Excellent facilities, and a great bullseye pistol team.
(NOTE: I am not a member... just a compettitor in the same league as Braintree)
This is the closest club to Boston that I know of. There may be more.
You may be able to find more on http://www.goal.org
bill.dutton-at-fmr.com.47547.47542
Walt

Post by Walt »

mystic is the closest club to Camb/Som, and Roaches sporting goods is the closest ffl and is located in Cambridge. Neither of these are ideal, but they are convenient.
Check GBPL for a list of some clubs that are North of Boston. Woburn Sportsman's Club is an especially fine shooting club with many disciplines and teams, but is 1/2 hour north on Boston.
: My son will be moving to the Cambridge/Somerville, Massachusetts area. He want to continue shooting opistol as well as trap and skeet. Does anyone have the names and websites for local shooting clubs? Also local FFL dealers?
: Thanks,
: Anthony Taraszka

Walt

Also...

Post by Walt »

It is easier to obtain a license in Somerville than Cambridge.
Check this website below for more info on what you can and cannot own in MA. and a link to the Mass laws. There is also another link to clubs on the site. Btw...There are very few target guns that are legal in MA.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Suggest Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club Web site www.brp.org. Pistol team shoots Thursday 8:00 P.M. Rifle Team Tuesday 8:P.M.
: Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club. Excellent facilities, and a great bullseye pistol team.
: (NOTE: I am not a member... just a compettitor in the same league as Braintree)
: This is the closest club to Boston that I know of. There may be more.
: You may be able to find more on http://www.goal.org

macbet9-at-comcast.net.47563.47547
william

Woburn Sportsmen's Association

Post by william »

They have just about every discipline. This is their web address
members.aol.com/wsa1933/home.htm
He might also want to contact Greg Derr - a top shooter / dealer and frequent contributor to this board.
politt-at-1stcounsel.com.47567.47542
Len

Not entirely true

Post by Len »

Four Seasons has a bit of wrong information as to whats leagal and what's not. They try but I've found it's best to talk to Camfour or the AG's office over taking the advice of Four Seasons.
You can OWN anything that you bring in
Easier or harder for permits is more based on the Class A ALP than getting a Class A with restrictions.
Walt

Re: Yes but...

Post by Walt »

The Four seasons website has a link on the front page to the AG's office and the state's Roster of legal guns. The state is the only real law. The AG's office has rules superceded by the state's laws, and if it isn't on the state roster, it isn't legal.

Len

Totally Wrong and reverse

Post by Len »

The AG is the final authority in MA when it comes to the sale of guns.
There are MANY guns on the FRB's "approved Firearms Roster" that are NOT for sale in MA because of the AG.
There is also the exemption for target pistols which Four Seasons seems to ignore as the AG has issued a letter that accompanies every Pardini sale that specifically says it has been reviewed and accepted to meet the state "target pistol" exemption. Four Seasons STILL doesn't sell the gun or have the letter...and it seems everyone else does.

When they say "on this roster" they are speaking of the roster they publish, the AG DOES NOT publish a firearms roster but has a list of criteria that guns must meet for sale in MA.
From the Roster:
TRANSFERS OF HANDGUNS ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S HANDGUN SALES REGULATIONS; 940 C.M.R. 16.00 ET SEQ. FIREARMS ON THIS ROSTER DO NOT NECESSARILY COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S HANDGUN SALES REGULATIONS. INFORMATION ABOUT THOSE REGULATIONS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND CAN BE ACCESSED ON THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S WEBSITE;
Walt

Len, please email me

Post by Walt »

wallyis2budweiser.com 2 replaced with @.
I have some more questions about MA gun laws.
Thanks, Walt