Morini 162EI battery cover question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
javaduke

Morini 162EI battery cover question

Post by javaduke »

I was recently going through the piles of junk in my garage and found almost perfect Rink grip for Morini 162. I installed it on my gun and it fits like a glove, but the battery compartment cover won't fit. The opening on the Rink grip is rectangular with screw hole in the middle of the short edge, while on my gun the cover looks like a P shape. I suppose the Rink grip expects the cover for the old version of the gun, with one battery (mine has two AAA batteries). The electronics still fit the grip, it's just the cover that's missing. Wondering if anyone has a spare cover and willing to part with it - or is there a place where I can buy one and it would be cheaper than buying a new grip from Rink?
Gwhite

Re: Morini 162EI battery cover question

Post by Gwhite »

The grip should have come with a cover. It's a simple rectangle of thin plastic that fits into a slot in the front, and is held by a screw in the rear. It's shouldn't be too hard to fabricate one. As a guess, the plastic is 1 mm thick.

It's not a question of vintage. Even fairly recent Rink grips come with the rectangular cover. I don't know why they didn't use the Morini design, but I guess it's cheaper.
Leon

Post by Leon »

The Rink supplied battery cover is different from the original Morini supplied one. It's quite a shoddy piece actually, well below the standard of the Rink grip.

It is simply a rectangle of plastic, with an aperture for the fixing screw.
McMadCow

Post by McMadCow »

Buy a little sheet of thin carbon fiber and make your own. CF is super easy to shape as a flat. I've done it for several pieces on my guns and I'd say it looks 95% factory quality.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

DUCT TAPE! Totally psych-out your opponents at the Match.
javaduke

Post by javaduke »

Thanks, folks this is resolved, I just printed a new cover on my 3d printer :) Magic!
Now I have another problem, the grip is attached by two screws, one in the middle and one at the top. So the top one doesn't go all the way in, if I start tightening it, at some point the gun locks up the pellet gate and starts bleeding air. If I back it off a little bit, it stops bleeding air but I cannot open the gate all the way. So I removed the top screw and only used the middle screw to attach the cylinder to the gun. Wondering if it's ok. Not sure what is the purpose of the top screw and the manual is not very clear about it.
David M

Post by David M »

Top screw is too long
javaduke

Post by javaduke »

So it seems, but with the factory grip I can tighten it all the way and it doesn't cause any problems. Does Rink grip come with another set of hardware? How do other people solve this problem (or am I the only one who has it?)
David M

Post by David M »

Get a shorter bolt or put washers under the head.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Rink provides shorter bolts with all of their Morini grips. They are easily found at your local hardware store. Email Rink for the dimensions and pitch, of each.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Show a little style and go the duct tape route as advised by atomicgale. Display your pragmatism proudly!