Pardini & Rapidfire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David M

Pardini & Rapidfire

Post by David M »

What features or characteristics make the Pardini Rapid fire so popular?
- It cannot be grip, lots of grips from multiple manufactures are available
for lots of pistols.
- It cannot be trigger lots of pistols have very adjustable triggers any which way.
- It cannot be sights, well sights are sights. Adjustable in every way.

That just leaves barrel, frame and slide, along with how they interact.
So what trait does the Pardini have that the others don’t?
Gwhite

Re: Pardini & Rapidfire

Post by Gwhite »

Marketing? They managed to convince a number of top shooters to use them, and now everyone wants to shoot one.

If MatchGuns even gets the bugs out of their pistols, I think the MG2 will leave the Pardini in the dust. I haven't tried the rapid fire version of either pistol, but the MG2's recoil is amazing compared to the Pardini SP. It is very quick, and the sights barely move.
william

Post by william »

"Marketing? They managed to convince a number of top shooters to use them, and now everyone wants to shoot one."

That makes sense. Didn't Benelli have a jump in Kite sales after Mikhail Nestruev had some success with one? Or am I, as usual, misremembering?
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

EVERYTHING is based on marketing...Everything! For good or bad that is the way the commerce of the world works. Any sports products firm that wants global reach needs to have the top athletes using their products..simple! Does it make said product better..? That is clearly in the hands of the consumer. I for one have definitely been swayed by this drag net approach.
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

The answer should be especially for shooters who use Pardini RP. It's definitely not just about marketing. Reliable operation, simple and teachable design, long-term proven, ..... Which of the current rapid-fire pistols has these properties better?
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

the rfp discipline is a difficult one. when we had .22 short there was many more pistols in the market. for example walther OSP, FAS etc. when rfp turned to .22lr suddenly osp was not an option (they didnt evolve OSP to .22lr probably because they didn't want to lose sales of GSP), fas had problems and pardini had electronic triggers and a simple design. as result more and more shooters adopted pardinis and it become somewhat of a standard. of course electronic triggers in rfp pistols need constant service and pardini was there in every wc so users could exchange modules. benelli is an excellent pistol but factory support was not there and even the russian shooter turned to pardini. walther released the ssp but it didn't get the rapid market and matchguns has the best recoil but also not all the bugs out. llames used a mg2 for many years but i think he uses a pardini .
to sum it up it pardini dominance is mainly due factory support ,the electronic triggers that are long gone and the absence of a reliable design from another manufacturer.

IMHO walther could have a great share of the market if they released a OSP version for .22lr. people in USA have done such conversions and the resulting pistol would have low bore, many common parts with GSP, a grip with enough angle etc.
Jerome

Post by Jerome »

Reliable? The Pardini often malfunctions more so than, perhaps, a Walther SSP.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I owned a Pardini RF until recently and found it had more positive attributes than most pistols I have owned even though it was not perfect.
The grip was not completely suitable, the rear sight width adjustment was not suitable for a 5 mm. front sight and the first stage became scratchy if adjusted for a longer than short movement.
Quality was good and weight could be adjusted to suit all tastes but it still had a front heavy feel.
The MG2 RF overcame any of Pardinis shortcomings...but would only cycle correctly if the heavier slide from the standard MG2 was fitted.
Last edited by deadeyedick on Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Reliable? The Pardini often malfunctions more so than, perhaps, a Walther SSP.
My Pardini had a better track record regarding malfunctions than my Walther SSP or SSPE.
Only marginally but I had more confidence using the Pardini.

I also don’t think it’s success is due solely to marketing as I found it to be beautifully built and confidence inspiring as well.

Is there a perfect pistol for everyone...I haven’t found it yet but not for a lack of trying.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I remember one top shooter telling me that a manufacturer GAVE him a free gun. Others have mentioned large discounts.
jerber

Post by jerber »

David M wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:27 pm So what trait does the Pardini have that the others don’t?

Same reason why the FWB 65 was popular in the 70's and 80's!
Jerome

Post by Jerome »

"My Pardini had a better track record regarding malfunctions than my Walther SSP or SSPE.
Only marginally but I had more confidence using the Pardini." (Deadeyedick)

With regard to all the ISSF TV RF finals, it would be a rare event not to see a Pardini malfunction. Granted, each final is populated mainly by Pardinis; but the shooters are, presumably, using the very best ammo with well-maintained pistols. Yet there are still Pardini malfunctions in nearly every final.

My SSP has had thousands of rounds through it and has never malfunctioned. Is mine just an unusually exceptional pistol?
william

Post by william »

Jerome wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:06 pm "My Pardini had a better track record regarding malfunctions than my Walther SSP or SSPE.
Only marginally but I had more confidence using the Pardini." (Deadeyedick)

With regard to all the ISSF TV RF finals, it would be a rare event not to see a Pardini malfunction. Granted, each final is populated mainly by Pardinis; but the shooters are, presumably, using the very best ammo with well-maintained pistols. Yet there are still Pardini malfunctions in nearly every final.

My SSP has had thousands of rounds through it and has never malfunctioned. Is mine just an unusually exceptional pistol?
Maybe your pistol is just waiting to be on a TV final ;-)
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

Great pistol, cheaper than the rest, easy to find parts and with all the same model pistols out there you know there will be spare pieces for a long time. I really like the grip.
Last edited by Ramon OP on Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramon
robjob

Post by robjob »

Ramon OP wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:35 am Great pistol, cheaper than the rest, easy to find parts and with all the dame model pistols out there you know there will be spare pieces for a long time. I really like the grip.
Are you referring to the pardini??? Seems to me its on the expensive side...at least in The States anyway.
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

Yes, much cheaper than Walther, was the cheapest of all brands when I bought it.
Ramon
David M

Post by David M »

OK, lets change the question a little.
Rapidfire recoil reduction, some pistols only use fixed barrel weights.
Others use moving weights, some pivoted, others with slide movement.
The Pardini uses weights with rebound springs around the muzzle.
Is it these 6 heavy tungsten weights that gives it the advantage ?
There is also a trend to add a lot of weight to the middle and back of the pistol.
What is the better recoil reduction system ?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

David M wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:12 am What is the better recoil reduction system ?
I suspect that you already know the answer David. It's the one that gives the athlete the feeling they prefer.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

The Pardini 22 Rapid Fire barrel has a different chamber than the Pardini SP.

It is cut to reduce the velocity of the bullet to just above the minimum required by ISSF.

The Rapid Fire barrels are not as accurate as the SP barrels at 50 yards.

Yes, the bolt is different on the RF model (lighter in weight) and perhaps some other features, as well.

Cheers,

Dave
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

fc60 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:22 pm The Pardini 22 Rapid Fire barrel has a different chamber than the Pardini SP.
It is cut to reduce the velocity of the bullet to just above the minimum required by ISSF.
The Rapid Fire barrels are not as accurate as the SP barrels at 50 yards.
Yes, the bolt is different on the RF model (lighter in weight) . . .
. . . perhaps some other features:
SP is steel recoil buffers; RF is heavier tungsten buffers.
Champ Choice carries SP, but not RF: LINK:http://champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx? ... tem=SPBE5L
Pardini USA seems to be OUT of BOTH for quite some time?

Not on RF, but the SP has "delayed blow-back action"???

Would someone please scientifically explain "Delayed blow-back" to me? No one has ever properly articulated this.