Anschutz 54 trigger

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Butch Lambert

Anschutz 54 trigger

Post by Butch Lambert »

I have a friend with an older mod54 Anschutz-about 1964-69 and we shoot both scope and aperture sight 50yard benchrest. He uses his Anschutz for the iron sight matches. Who or what can be done to adjust the trigger to 1oz-3oz level? Or will he need to buy another rifle to achieve this.
I know this is not a BR forum, but virtually nobody shoots Olympic style rifles in BR.
Xman

Re: Anschutz 54 trigger

Post by Xman »

Go to precision rimfire in Facebook to really get your question answered. You can probably just replace the trigger if it cannot be adjusted down to the weight desired. IMHO. What model Anschutz is it?
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Butch Lambert wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 pm I have a friend with an older mod54 Anschutz-about 1964-69 and we shoot both scope and aperture sight 50yard benchrest. He uses his Anschutz for the iron sight matches. Who or what can be done to adjust the trigger to 1oz-3oz level? Or will he need to buy another rifle to achieve this.
I know this is not a BR forum, but virtually nobody shoots Olympic style rifles in BR.
There was a chap frequenting the rimfirecentral forum who modifies those older Anschutz triggers. I presume it's a single stage; those were set at the factory to 3lb or 500g. The two stage will go into the oz.
Butch Lambert

Post by Butch Lambert »

Thank you very much.
efoleyjr

Post by efoleyjr »

Butch Lambert wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 pm I have a friend with an older mod54 Anschutz-about 1964-69 and we shoot both scope and aperture sight 50yard benchrest. He uses his Anschutz for the iron sight matches. Who or what can be done to adjust the trigger to 1oz-3oz level? Or will he need to buy another rifle to achieve this.
If he wants it as good as it gets buy my Kenyon that goes down to 2oz.

Ed
Butch Lambert

Post by Butch Lambert »

I will let Herb know.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Butch: It depends on the trigger. The older triggers pull weight is set but two things - a spring and a cam. To get that low you'll need a different cam. They are just a little sheet metal piece that you can make with a bandsaw and a file.