Bought a used Steyr LP10, now what?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Hamster

Re: Bought a used Steyr LP10, now what?

Post by Hamster »

Reading all this scuba chat makes me glad I got myself a nice old CP2 instead. There's nothing like the thrill of liquid CO2.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hamster wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:24 pm Reading all this scuba chat makes me glad I got myself a nice old CP2 instead. There's nothing like the thrill of liquid CO2.
I dunno....I like my carefree Walther LPM1 a LOT!
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Rover wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:14 am RE: The yokes: the "fancy" one can be problematic. We had a couple on the "community" air at the range. It didn't take long before one was fucked up and no one owned up to that. Some cylinders don't close while using the (unnecessary) bleed feature, so the cylinder was drained before you got it off the tank. Also, there is only ONE thing the gauge tells you that you need to know: when to fill the tank, and that is easily determined when you can't get 100 shots from a cylinder.
The fancy yokes are not problematic. Drooling morons are. You also don't have to screw the cylinder until it opens the valve on an LP10 cylinder, just screw it on until you feel the valve touch. The pressure will open the valve. The bleed will close it.

If you empty your cylinder twice, you are a idiot, and that is not an equipment problem.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"The fancy yokes are not problematic. Drooling morons are."

You got that right! They're everywhere. Even here. That's why we have Biden as President.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

brent375hh wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:55 am If you empty your cylinder twice, you are an idiot, and that is not an equipment problem.
I love phrases like that. Head on. No hesitation. Mr "W" couldn´t better that one. I´m impressed.

BTW, who are those "drooling morons"? Members of the, by Mr. "W" designated, "bunch of strangers"? Just asking.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

northpaw wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:20 pm
brent375hh wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:55 am If you empty your cylinder twice, you are an idiot, and that is not an equipment problem.
I love phrases like that. Head on. No hesitation, no regrets. Mr "W" couldn´t better that one. I´m impressed.

BTW, who are those "drooling morons"? Members of the, by Mr. "W" designated, "bunch of strangers"? Just asking.
Sorry if I came on too strong. I am just tired of living in a world that brings everyone down to the lowest common denominator. That bar seems to go down every year. When you have to make everything idiot proof, you start to make only things an idiot would want.