Grunig & Elmiger, 300 free rifle value?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

KREBAUM

Grunig & Elmiger, 300 free rifle value?

Post by KREBAUM »

I would like to know the value of a Grunig & Elmiger 300 meter free rifle? This rifle belonged to a shooting buddy of mine that has passed on and I am selling his firearms collection for his widow. Here is what I know about it and a few pictures. I have more pictures if needed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Grunig & Elmiger Model 200, 300 meter free rifle with sights .308.
Comes complete with sights, hook buttplate and handstop. I bore scoped the barrel and it looks very close to new. Barreled action excellent, stock is in good condition.

daotoys1

Re: Grunig & Elmiger, 300 free rifle value?

Post by daotoys1 »

KREBAUM wrote:I would like to know the value of a Grunig & Elmiger 300 meter free rifle? This rifle belonged to a shooting buddy of mine that has passed on and I am selling his firearms collection for his widow. Here is what I know about it and a few pictures. I have more pictures if needed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Grunig & Elmiger Model 200, 300 meter free rifle with sights .308.
Comes complete with sights, hook buttplate and handstop. I bore scoped the barrel and it looks very close to new. Barreled action excellent, stock is in good condition.

First of all I am very sorry to hear about you friend passing on. Its nice that you can help his family sell his firearms. I ve been in similar situations myself.

Regarding the Grunig and Elmiger Rifle; I personally am interested in the gun. Can you contact me so we can discuss the rifle? Where exactly are you and/or the rifle located?

Here is my contact info; Doug (303) 761-4626 phone/fax dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com Id like to see more pictures if you can email some.

The Grunig rifle is not valued in the "Blue books" because they are so rare, and often are custom built to order. The value can vary quite alot, and often is simply a matter of finding someone looking for one to buy.

The last used Swiss 300 meter rifle I bought was a few years ago. If you do some internet search you will find one for sale here in the states only once a year or so. Gun Broker, Guns America, Guns International, and Auction Arms some time you will see one .

The Grunig and Elmiger rifle is a top of the line gun however, as is a Tanner for example. Posting the gun for sale on speciality websites and forums like this may be the best way to find a buyer. Using a auction website might sell the gun sooner, but most likely for less money.

I look forward to hearing from you. Seriously, Ive been looking for a nice G&E rifle to add to my collection for awhile.

Maybe some of the guys here can add to the discussion with their ideas as well.

Again, sorry for your loss.
Edward

Post by Edward »

As Doug has stated these rifles are very rare, and based on the ones that I have seen sold, and or for sale, they bring a very high % of current value. The current value here in the US is very close to 4K. I think you shouldn't have a hard time getting over 3K for his widow, if you advertise it on all the big forums, and go slow, you might get more. Goodluck
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Hello

You can find some help here : http://www.gruenelshop.ch/ac_home.php?l ... &content=0
It's also important to know how many shoot has fired in this rifle. The "life accurancy" of a barrel in biig bore is about 6000 to 7000 shots after it's necessary to remove it for a new one.
Best regards from France

Gerhard
KREBAUM

Post by KREBAUM »

I would like to thank everybody for their input and interest in this rifle. I have decided to put it on Gunbroker and will be doing so tomorrow. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Greg Krebaum
620-662-7515
kermite44

grunig

Post by kermite44 »

Have you sold it?
KREBAUM

Post by KREBAUM »

Rifle has been sold, Thanks

Post by Guest »

now that the value has been determined, can you share that with the rest of us so that we may help the next person with a similar question or help ourselves if we are lucky enough to have a chance to buy one?
KREBAUM

Post by KREBAUM »

The rifle sold for $2700.00 on GunBroker.
rapidfireXring

Re: Grunig & Elmiger, 300 free rifle value?

Post by rapidfireXring »

I just bought a 300m target rifle. I wish I had spotted these rifles sooner.