Did the surplus Toz-35's evaporate?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mike M.

Did the surplus Toz-35's evaporate?

Post by Mike M. »

I was considering buying a Toz-35 as a spares set for my Nygord-tuned Toz. They were going for $500...but not any more. The supply seems to have evaporated. Six weeks ago, they were readily available.

What's up?
spektr

Re: Did the surplus Toz-35's evaporate?

Post by spektr »

Wow, I didn't notice that they went away, mine was 350 bucks a while back in the box full of goodies.
I wonder if the Trump trade stuff did it...

IDK what you need for spares, but most easy consumables were available at Larrys Guns in the past.
Maybe the Cardinal guys have unearthed them, I remember most things including frames were there.
Im debating turning some firing pins since Im on my last one. Im just unsure of the heat treat needed to avoid brittleness and yet live. Thats a bit outside what Im sure of..... Whittling them out is cake...
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

spektr wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:06 pm Wow, I didn't notice that they went away, mine was 350 bucks a while back in the box full of goodies.
I wonder if the Trump trade stuff did it...

IDK what you need for spares, but most easy consumables were available at Larrys Guns in the past.
Maybe the Cardinal guys have unearthed them, I remember most things including frames were there.
Im debating turning some firing pins since Im on my last one. Im just unsure of the heat treat needed to avoid brittleness and yet live. Thats a bit outside what Im sure of..... Whittling them out is cake...
Are firing pins a consumable? If so, how long do they last?
william

Post by william »

Since they passed directly from solid to gaseous state, they did not "evaporate." More technically accurate, they sublimed.
spektr

Post by spektr »

[/quote]Are firing pins a consumable? If so, how long do they last?
[/quote]

No they are not a consumable. I have a very tight chambered gun and there were issues particular to it that I fixed.
At that, I ran 4500 rounds through it before the issue arose. I have 6000 rounds on the gun on my spare firing pin and its flawless now....
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

I think you mean Sublimated. Glad I got one when I did. Now that I have a Walther FP500 and a Morini 84E I will probably sell the Toz and maybe I can even get some of the $340.00 I spent on Rink Grips back.

Bob
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV
william

Post by william »

rkittine wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:26 am I think you mean Sublimated.
No, I'll continue to use "sublime" to describe changes in phase (as I learned it in college), and leave "sublimate" for psychology.
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

As a verb, there is both a Chemical Definition and a Psychoanalytic definition of Sublime as well as sublimate. Sublime is useable for sure, but in engineering school we used Sublimate for the transformation of solid directly to vapor. Not that it really matters one way or the other. I have yet to see a TOZ turn into gas.

I like to thing of my Girl Friend as Sublime - "of such excellence, grandeur, or beauty as to inspire great admiration or awe." The operative words being 'Think Of'

You say Potato and I say Patato and so it goies !!!!!!!
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV