Morini Air Piatol question - trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
brakarzac

Morini Air Piatol question - trigger

Post by brakarzac »

Hi Guys,

I am looking to upgrade my family from 20year old Morini CM162MI to the Morini CM200EI (upgrading 4 in total)

After discussing with my needs with my local dealer, they have advised to buy mechanical trigger and not touch an electric trigger.
I have had electric trigger before and had no issues, but would like to know if there have been issues with the electronics or not?

any advise would be appreciated

cheers
Brad
Gwhite

Re: Morini Air Piatol question - trigger

Post by Gwhite »

I believe the new system uses rechargable batteries. Given that I can get a year or more out of a set of AAA cells in my 162EI, why bother with the headaches?
David M

Post by David M »

CM200EI uses a CR2 3V Lithium Camera Battery (about $7 aust.) these are also available in rechargable if you so desire.
A battery is good for about 15,000 shots.
So far the pistol is only 4 months old and no problems.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

If the person selling you something tells you to take a lesser cost option, I would heed that advise, be it a steak or air pistol. Their usual incentive is to up sell, unless they think the customer will be disappointed. Does the 200 have some better technology, other than being a new model that makes it an upgrade? Looking casually at the Morini website, I didn't see a 200 with a mechanical trigger.
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

brent375hh wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:12 pm If the person selling you something tells you to take a lesser cost option, I would heed that advise, be it a steak or air pistol. Their usual incentive is to up sell, unless they think the customer will be disappointed. Does the 200 have some better technology, other than being a new model that makes it an upgrade? Looking casually at the Morini website, I didn't see a 200 with a mechanical trigger.
The CM200EI is only available in electric with a new trigger system based on the CM84E from what I understand.
The only mechanical option is the CM162MI that I already have, which I can upgrade to a newer model easily enough.

I was just curious as I haven't used an electric trigger for some time...
David M

Post by David M »

The CM200 has completely new trigger unit and circuit board, nothing like the CM84.