Walther KK500 Blacktec

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Shakeyaim

Re: Walther KK500 Blacktec

Post by Shakeyaim »

Thanks for the info guys, I'll either buy a hand stop in the meantime or else ask the dealer to add it to my order. I'll pretty much exclusively be shooting prone so it'll be pretty necessary. I know the top tier KK500's come with a nice hand stop and wasn't sure if perhaps the entry level version comes with a basic handstop.
I wasn't sure the Blacktec could be had with a stainless barrel.
I'm in Europe - maybe that makes a difference? The Walther website has barrels listed under the accessories tab for the premium models - Expert & Anatomic https://www.carl-walther.com/sport/products/p/2773121

There are no barrels listed under the Blacktec's accessories tab so I asked the dealer to find out if it was possible to get the stainless one on a Blacktec model. They said they could for a surcharge of €190.00. I'm buying it from a German shop and they're exporting it to me. They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get the rifle from Walther, then I've to sort out the licencing and import/export paperwork. With the COVID restrictions this could take extra long - we'll see.
Thauglor

Re: Walther KK500 Blacktec

Post by Thauglor »

Thank you Shakeyaim for explaining that. That is about the price difference I saw here for a barreled action for blued vs stainless barrel.

I so far like the MEC handstop myself. I'll be shooting almost exclusively standing, so the included palm rest is handy.