Precision Shooting Suit- next step

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ellishoots

Precision Shooting Suit- next step

Post by Ellishoots »

My daughter is in her third year of precision small bore and air rifle we bought her the champions choice shooting suit 2 years ago but is time to replace it with a custom suit. She is a very competitive shooter so another standard suit will not work. We want to up grade but she is only a sophomore in HS and still growing. We assume if she continues to shoot and improve a new suit will be needed in 2 years or as she enters college. (Long term goal to shoot collegiately).

1) Any thoughts on a upgraded suit without blowing the bank?
2) Have seen Monard suits from Oberle but wonder about quality.
3) Are there other brands that have a custom suit that is less than $2500?
4) Any place to order or be measured in the NW (Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Utah)?

Thanks!!!
Scott J

Re: Precision Shooting Suit- next step

Post by Scott J »

Ellishoots,

Keep an eye on the Buy, sell ,trade section here in the forums, shooting suits pop up fairly often. Depending on what college she is looking at, they sometimes supply the suit , but not always. If she still fits the current suit, it might be best to try and wait til the growth spurt is done. Monard is a good suit, Kurt Thune and HiTex are arguably the best. You might try giving Joe Hein a call>>>https://www.eliteshootingsport.com/prod ... -clothing/ . He's an ex Olympian and runs Elite Shooting Sports in Montana, very good guy to work with.

Hope this helps,
Scott
lyoke2

Post by lyoke2 »

https://www.ishootconsulting.com/store-suits

Both Capapie and Hitex can be measured for. Capapie is/has taken over the international and US markets with the quality of materials at the right price point. Look at any current national team or college teams and see what they are wearing.

1. Capapie has a range of suits at different price points. I can't define breaking the back but the value is definitely worth the $1700-1800 for the top Capapie model. If that is too much then there are a few other options to meet your needs.
4. Virtual measurement sessions are available and pretty standard at this point.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

I will add a vote for Capapie. Many of the top shooters are using them and they are less expensive than the Hitex.

I was one of the first in the US to have a Capapie suit. Managed to get one off the shelf that fit me very well when they were first introduced at Camp Perry. Got mine through Benzovich.

http://www.brenzovich.com/index.php?id_ ... &id_lang=1
Fwerk300

Post by Fwerk300 »

My daughter is a 5’2” shooter and loves her capapie. She has stopped growing so we went higher end but they have many pricing options.