HAMMERLI FP 10 ANY GOOD

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mikep

HAMMERLI FP 10 ANY GOOD

Post by Mikep »

someone has a Hammerli FP 10 for sale, it looks new but if I bought it what is one in the box worth and if I shot it who would i go to for parts and repair.Thanks MikeP
Rover

Re: HAMMERLI FP 10 ANY GOOD

Post by Rover »

Brian James

Post by Brian James »

My memory may be failing but I believe there was a redesigned trigger assembly for the FP10 that addressed an issue of shots going off unintentionally.

As an owner of an MG5, I’m quite happy with it but I’ve shot it a lot less than CM84.

Brian
6string

Post by 6string »

I used to talk to Wade and Hannelore Anderson (then US Hämmerli importer) on a regular basis. They were very nice folks that really defined the amazing customer service that Hämmerli was renowned for in the old days. I remember almost twenty years ago asking about the FP10. They were made by SAM with a Hämmerli barrel, then sold with the Hämmerli brand on them.
He really disliked them. There were many factors: he specifically mentioned lousy accuracy, lousy trigger, and just the way the company was falling apart. The fitting of the barrel to the frame was something he described as a cost-based shortcut.
It was so bad, in his opinion, that he and his wife Hannelore decided to not only stop carrying the FP10, but quit the import business.
I don't think he liked the SP-20, either.
They sold a few older models (I think from their collection) before closing entirely.
Wade's favorite Hämmerli free pistol(s) was/were the model(s) 100-107 series.
Just passing on the comments and my recollection, so perhaps take it for what it's worth.

Jim