Starter Air Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ASchlem

Re: Starter Air Pistol

Post by ASchlem »

That seems like a good price on the AP20. I'm from the state of Chicago.
spektr

Post by spektr »

That looks like a Styer copy. Could the patent have run out?
[/quote]

A patent is granted for 20 years and the design patent is good for 14 years, the LP10 was introduced back in 2000...
[/quote]

Thats US Law, it may be quite different in the EU or whatever GB turns into.....
Eaton Rifles

Post by Eaton Rifles »

While the Artemis range is a great pistol for the money (I have one), the trigger's are dire even with some fettling.
Imagine a medaeval cross-bow release and you're there.
I've stripped mine down and polished out all the rough edges and now it's can be considered a good creeping trigger but hardly usable when you're used to match triggers.
So unless Snow Peak the manufacturers have actually upgraded the trigger on the PP300 to something half decent I'd give it a miss and put the money towards something second hand and either German or Austrian.
william

Post by william »

"So unless Snow Peak the manufacturers have actually upgraded the trigger on the PP300 to something half decent I'd give it a miss and put the money towards something second hand and either German or Austrian."
Or Italian or Swiss?
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

The one EBay is a Large original grip, as I suspected. An additional photo was added this morning.
ASchlem

Post by ASchlem »

I'm going to post a looking for ad. Pm me if you guys have one to sell.
Thanks Aaron
ASchlem

Post by ASchlem »

I'm going to post a looking for ad. Pm me if you guys have one to sell.
Thanks Aaron
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

spektr wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:35 pm That looks like a Styer copy. Could the patent have run out?
A patent is granted for 20 years and the design patent is good for 14 years, the LP10 was introduced back in 2000...
[/quote]

Thats US Law, it may be quite different in the EU or whatever GB turns into.....
[/quote]

In Europe, the patent expires in 20 years and the design patent is good for 25 years...
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I thought the LP 10 on eBay was a good deal, but the eBay police think Minnesota is restricted to not allow air guns, so my bid was cancelled. I hope someone here got it.
Rover

Post by Rover »

brent375hh wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:48 pm I thought the LP 10 on eBay was a good deal, but the eBay police think Minnesota is restricted to not allow air guns, so my bid was cancelled. I hope someone here got it.
Nah, they just didn't want anyone from Minneapolis to have an air gun.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

brent375hh wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:48 pm the eBay police think Minnesota is restricted to not allow air guns
Minneapolis? Stay away from slingshots and spit-wads too! Trouble. Nothing but trouble.
KDZ

Post by KDZ »

brent375hh wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:48 pm I thought the LP 10 on eBay was a good deal, but the eBay police think Minnesota is restricted to not allow air guns, so my bid was cancelled.
What about starting a youth marksmanship program for rocks and bottles?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hah. I remember back in the day, buying two APs from a dealer there. He couldn't sell locally without permits, but had NO problem shipping them to New York.

Thing to do is, email the dealer directly (PM) and tell him you have cash. Screw ebay for their cut.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Rover wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:38 am Hah. I remember back in the day, buying two APs from a dealer there. He couldn't sell locally without permits, but had NO problem shipping them to New York.

Thing to do is, email the dealer directly (PM) and tell him you have cash. Screw ebay for their cut.
I tried that. I got a warning from eBay for my attempt to circumvent them. I guess eBay knows more than all of the air gun vendors that will ship to me. That, or they are just a communist company.
william

Post by william »

Have you children nothing better to do than whine about ebay and how mean to you they are? Don't like them? Vote with your dollars. Otherwise, please stop it; you're being tiresome.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

william wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:36 pm Have you children nothing better to do than whine about ebay and how mean to you they are? Don't like them? Vote with your dollars. Otherwise, please stop it; you're being tiresome.
Are you the same William with a bunch of useful posts about a Vulcan cannon?
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

william wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:36 pm Have you children nothing better to do than whine about ebay and how mean to you they are? Don't like them? Vote with your dollars. Otherwise, please stop it; you're being tiresome.
Personally, I think it's informative to hear about other forum members' experiences with ebay. I have to say I think your "children", "whine" and "tiresome" are out of line. That doesn't add anything to the discussion.
william

Post by william »

brent375hh wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:14 pm
Are you the same William with a bunch of useful posts about a Vulcan cannon?
If you hadn't noticed: The Vulcan posts, mine and I'm pretty sure everybody else's, were attempts at humor (with varying degrees of success). Or do you believe somebody here is really selling one? If that's the case, this may refresh your memory.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62544
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

VULCAN CANNON - Still for sale. But NOT to rodents. Christmas Eve special - only mail cash or moonshine!

william

Post by william »

Thank you for refusing to sell to rodents. I'd hate to imagine the squirrels (or feral hamsters) shooting back.