Morini Trigger Issue

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
philipelhage

Morini Trigger Issue

Post by philipelhage »

I noticed a few days back my trigger having a slight delay from when the microswitch is "activated" to when the shot is actually fired (Same for dry firing) When the microswitch as activated after approximately 05 sec the click of the dry fire or the live shot is actually done. And sometimes i get various clicks with one trigger pull

After a few more shots, my pistol stopped shooting, so I changed the batteries for a set of new ones and the issue seemed to be solved. After 15-20 shots the same issue returned. I put the pistol away and come back the next day and the new batteries i bought the day before were not working. So i went out and bought 2 new batteries from a different shop (All duracell) put them in the pistol, and it seemed to be shooting well again. Next week i did not practice, after this again went to the range pistol was not shooting again because of "dead", so switched the batteries once again for new ones bought at a different shop. but the same issue is still there. At least the batteries are holding up.

Things that i have tried.
  • Change first stage trigger weight
  • Changed second stage trigger weight
  • Changed position of microswitch screw om the top of the trigger assembly
  • Changed electrical board

Any tips are very welcome. As we have more than 1 pistol that are giving us this issue in less than 2 months and prior to this we haven't had any issues. Also what might have led to these issues as it can't be a coincidence that 4 weapons have the same issue in a matter of a few months.

Regards,

Philip
mctrucky

Re: Morini Trigger Issue

Post by mctrucky »

Never heard of this before, first thoughts were an electrical short or bridging issue causing batteries to drain, and also not to give the full voltage to the capacitor that feeds the solenoid.
Have you started using a new lubricant, one that may be conductive that has found its way to where it shouldn't be?
Adjusti g the mechanical aspects of the trigger should do nothing. The solenoid should throw the millisecond the microswitch state changes. Moving the switch will have an effect on the point of contact, but as long as the switch contacts engage and disengage cleanly, the solenoid should throw at that point. Have you got grease/oil on the contacts?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

It may also be that the solenoid is sticking, due to some lube getting into the works. To get the maximum push out of the magnetics, the fit between the solenoid plunger and the winding needs to be as close as possible while still allowing easy sliding. Almost any lubricant in there will muck things up quickly.

That doesn't explain why it kills batteries so quickly, so there may be a couple things going on. If the problem is there with multiple electronics modules, it should be something in the pistol side, but with the power switch off, the batteries shouldn't run down no matter what.

I was coaching a college pistol match several years ago, and one of the visiting team members had a Morini free pistol that he had just "cleaned". There was oil/solvent all over the electronics, and it would only fire about 1 trigger pull in five. I hosed everything down with an aerosol electronics cleaner (safe for plastics & the like), and that got it so it only misfired 1 shot in five, so he could finish the match. I told him to get another can of cleaner & give it another bath as soon as he could.
Bugzy

Post by Bugzy »

Is this the CM 200 EI?