Break Dancing

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

Break Dancing

Post by David Levene »

I'm sure we will all be delighted (NOT) to hear that Breaking, a competitive form of Break Dancing, will be a sport at the 2024 Paris Olympics.

The other new sports will be Surfing, Skateboarding and Climbing.
porkchop

Re: Break Dancing

Post by porkchop »

Times are a changing, I'd rather watch the old competitive track and field sports for both men and women and maybe some weight lifting. I've heard when they were first held, the athletes were nude, you can't streamline any more than that. I'd also like to see our sport televised more instead of the action shooting venues
Stan
pcw

Post by pcw »

It really seems that the IOC wants its hands in everything. I think we should cancel the Olympics and just compete under the sports governing bodies.
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

Probably worth starting the process now, for countries where shooting being in the Olympics is the only reason for private ownership of firearms its critical.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Drove over a cat once.............

It had some awesome break dancing moves!
rbs

Post by rbs »

crankythunder wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:06 am Drove over a cat once.............

It had some awesome break dancing moves!
you're sick
KDZ

Post by KDZ »

Shooting sports advocate violence so the Olympics will replace them with rapping
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I wish I could say I was surprised. But with NBC Sports effectively owning the IOC, they are going to put on what they think will be telegenic.

Personally, I would much rather see the MLAIC events. Although that would demand a significant effort. Bringing back FP will do.
Rover

Post by Rover »

But, but...I wanted to see Dave Levine break dancing in his famed polyester pants.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rover wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:51 pm But, but...I wanted to see Dave Levine break dancing in his famed polyester pants.
I don't know about break dancing, I'd certainly break something.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Aww, come on Dave. On here, you're known as "Wild Thing."
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

How 'bout a new silhouette event:
ProdigalSon

Post by ProdigalSon »

Not sure about breakdancing, but surfing, skateboarding, and climbing do make sense as reasonable sports to add. Surfing and skating are more in line with things like gymnastics or diving (or half pipe in the winter games) as sports that need judges rather than just a timer or scoresheet, but that’s not really a problem as far as I’m concerned. Competitive climbers are insane; you can give them a wall with just a couple handholds and they’re up it in seconds. I’m not certain what type of climbing they’re using, but it’s typically a timed event and being competitive requires you to be in truly incredible physical condition.
Xman

Post by Xman »

ProdigalSon wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:54 pm Not sure about breakdancing, but surfing, skateboarding, and climbing do make sense as reasonable sports to add. Surfing and skating are more in line with things like gymnastics or diving (or half pipe in the winter games) as sports.
surfing skateboarding climbing look very nice on television. Shooting sports do not and the shooting sports are being slowly but surely pushed out as not being very TV friendly despite all of the efforts of the power that be that control the sport So they just delete the shooting sports one at a time to make room for other TV friendly events.
JJJJJJ

Post by JJJJJJ »

Looking past 2021, it's no longer TV but Youtube, FB, twitter, snap, WeChat ... viewers that matter the most. With shooting sometime its hard figure out if the video is running or having a connection issue. IOC is trying to appeal to these audience but, to be fair I think ballet should be added too, also should it be part of the college sports, I would love to see someone gets into Harvard with breaking.