Morini162e trigger compared to Morini mechanical trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Jack Milchanowski

Morini162e trigger compared to Morini mechanical trigger

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

Can anyone comment on the comparison of the mechanical Morini trigger to the electric trigger (which I have seen great comments on)?
David M

Re: Morini162e trigger compared to Morini mechanical trigger

Post by David M »

The mechanical trigger was introduced after the origional electronic trigger (15v) because a number of countries could not get the battery.
This all changed with the AAA batteries.
The only fault with the electronic trigger are shooters using cheap batteries, left for a longtime and leaking.
Both are good.
Leon

Post by Leon »

As a matter of interest, Morini strongly recommend the use of Varta batteries - they say its the only brand that does not leak,
Jack Milchanowski

Thank you for the replies. I am curious if the trigger pull itself feels the same with the mechanical vs. electric trigger on the Morini. It is suggested that the electric trigger feel is superb.
CR10X

Post by CR10X »

Trigger does not feel the same to me as mechanical. The electronic is more of a "continuous press" through and not really a 2 stage feel for me.

However the redeeming quality of the electronic trigger for me is the simplicity of dryfiring. You simply keep operating the trigger without loading pellet.

I use quality AAA batteries, change them each year anyway and there have been no issues for me. Mine is over 10 years old.

CR
VonKasta

Post by VonKasta »

CR10X wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:49 am Trigger does not feel the same to me as mechanical. The electronic is more of a "continuous press" through and not really a 2 stage feel for me.

However the redeeming quality of the electronic trigger for me is the simplicity of dryfiring. You simply keep operating the trigger without loading pellet.

I use quality AAA batteries, change them each year anyway and there have been no issues for me. Mine is over 10 years old.

CR
Is that really that much of a benefit on an air pistol though? As the loading sequence is a part of the routine, at least for me.
On a 22 I can see it would be of great use as you can practice rapid dry fire.
10m: Steyr Lp1
25m: Morini CM22RF
CF: Benelli MP90s 32WC
50m: Toz35/Vostok mu 2-3
Jack Milchanowski

CR10X wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:49 am Trigger does not feel the same to me as mechanical. The electronic is more of a "continuous press" through and not really a 2 stage feel for me.

CR
Thank you so very much for the comment. The continuous press comment was what I have heard of the electronic trigger. I have not run across anyone with the mechanical trigger to compare. Appreciate your taking the time.
Jack