Pardini Air Rifles

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Brazos

Pardini Air Rifles

Post by Brazos »

I do not see much written about the Pardini air rifles. I am sure they are accurate and saw a few at Winter Air last December used by some top shooters. My question is reliability and parts availability down the road. So first are they considered reliable and somewhat easy to work on? Second how has Pardini been historically about spare parts. What I don’t want is a $3K boat anchor 10 years from now because I can’t get parts or a finicky rifle that is high maintenance. Thanks in advance for your insight.
rtucker6508

Re: Pardini Air Rifles

Post by rtucker6508 »

My daughter(Olympian) has been using one for the past 4+ years. It has been a terrific rifle. We replace the o-rings every 4 months or so and then do a complete service every year. Pardini USA is terrific and always have parts available. I would recommend Pardini any day.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"We replace the o-rings every 4 months or so and then do a complete service every year."

I have never heard of anywhere near this level of airgun maintenance, even with heavy usage.

Does your experience lead you to think it's necessary, or is this just an "abundance of caution"?
rtucker6508

Post by rtucker6508 »

There are days when she would shoot 300+ shots in practice. When every point counts you take precautions to make sure that your rifle is not the issue during a match. It worked... :-)
We would also do the service to ensure the velocity was where it needed to be at that level of competition. I don't know many of the National Team/Olympic Team/Top shooters who don't have that kind of maintenance program regardless of brand.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

It doesn't make any sense to risk all of the money invested in travel for matches and training if you haven't got an ongoing maintenance programme.
rtucker6508

Post by rtucker6508 »

David Levene wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:27 am It doesn't make any sense to risk all of the money invested in travel for matches and training if you haven't got an ongoing maintenance programme.
Spot on!
Brazos

Post by Brazos »

Thanks for your response Mr. Tucker. I watched your daughter win the finals at Winter Air. She is incredible.
rtucker6508

Post by rtucker6508 »

Brazos wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:30 pm Thanks for your response Mr. Tucker. I watched your daughter win the finals at Winter Air. She is incredible.
Thank you! She's pretty cool! Fun to watch... it has surely been a wild ride over the past 5 years.
Brazos

Post by Brazos »

Well I bought the Pardini GPR1 Top rifle. The 20% off sale they ran tempted me enough to try one. Absolutely gorgeous rifle. I ordered the rifle left handed but the rifle I got had the loading lever on the right side and a RH cheek piece. The left hand cheek piece will be here in a couple days. I didn’t want to send the rifle back to swap the loading lever so they made a video for me on how to do it https://youtu.be/8eIEGnZpb98 Nice video. Even though they screwed up they couldn’t have been nicer about it. I haven’t messed with it too much while I wait for the left hand cheek piece. I did shoot off a make shift bench at 15 yards today to get it somewhat sighted in. One hole groups were not hard to achieve. Anxious to put it into use.
Last edited by Brazos on Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rtucker6508

Post by rtucker6508 »

Nice! Did you get it from pardini usa? They are fantastic!!!
rtucker6508

Post by rtucker6508 »

I tried to see the video but am getting an error
Brazos

Post by Brazos »

Yes I got it from Pardini USA. Each day they sent an email on how the progress was going on the video. It took them 3-4 days after editing etc. I edited my above post and now the link works. May be good for future reference. This rifle really is beautiful. My daughter who shoots an FWB is in love with it. I figure if it looks like her high school shooting career will turn into a college shooting career I will just give the rifle to her. That’s why I bought the best rifle they had even though it’s more than I need for shooting with buddies in postal leagues. I also like the fact on Pardini’s website they guarantee parts for any gun they have ever made. So as long as they stay in business I should have to worry about an expensive boat anchor down the road. So we shall see. The next, and biggest test, will be reliability.
rtucker6508

Post by rtucker6508 »

Awesome! Vlad is an underrated national treasure as far as I'm concerned. He truly cares and his knowledge is off the charts.

If you ever need anything, please ask. Who is your daughter?
mymayday

Post by mymayday »

rtucker6508 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:15 pm Awesome! Vlad is an underrated national treasure as far as I'm concerned. He truly cares and his knowledge is off the charts.

If you ever need anything, please ask. Who is your daughter?
100% agree. I picked up a still-in-the-box EVO for my girl at the end of last summer from a shooter that decided to stick with his FWB. Reached out to Pardini USA to get some knowledge. Told me they had an open door in St Pete if I wanted to come over. I opted to wait until Winter Air where Vlad sat with me for about an hour going over every piece and part.
Last edited by mymayday on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bpl8523

Post by bpl8523 »

Got a used Pardini sent it to Pardini USA for service... the whole crew was great. Took a while as it was right when Covid shut everything down but they have been awesome with any questions I've had. My eldest daughter saw the GPR1 at winter air and loved the look and feel. When we got the Evo she decided to keep the 9015 she is using and handed off to unsuspecting little sister. Both girls are shooting now and my Pardini shooter loves her rifle and the fact that she is the only one at the range with one. The folks at Pardini USA have been awesome at every turn helping us make some upgrades and even selling us a K12. Good bunch of folks we've interacted with there.
mymayday

Post by mymayday »

bpl8523 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:11 am My eldest daughter saw the GPR1 at winter air and loved the look and feel. When we got the Evo she decided to keep the 9015 she is using and handed off to unsuspecting little sister. Both girls are shooting now and my Pardini shooter loves her rifle and the fact that she is the only one at the range with one.
Did she shoot the Dixie Double in Anniston week before last? MayDay said she saw another Pardini in the field. Obviously not uncommon at the national level matches, but still sparse enough to catch your eye.

My girl was looking at the 800X when we stumbled across this one. As soon as she held it and felt the balance, she was in love.
bpl8523

Post by bpl8523 »

During the Dixie Double she was at the Bob Foth clinic in Palmyra. Another great learning experience for her.
Mike Carter

Post by Mike Carter »

Nicolo Campriani shoots the Pardini, and there is a video from Heinz Reinkemeir that shows Matt Emmons shooting a Pardini. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI0Y_MKETXI&t=226s
Brazos

Post by Brazos »

This girl seems to like her new Pardini: https://hardairmagazine.com/news/wow-ka ... -and-more/
mymayday

Post by mymayday »

That means that currently all of the junior women air rifle national records are held by Pardini shooters. rtucker6508's daughter Mary owns the 60-standing junior and J2 and my girl Ainsley holds the J3.

Pardini doesn't make something of that then they are surely missing a pretty big marketing opportunity.