ISSF Coats for Air Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
F/V Icy Swan

ISSF Coats for Air Pistol

Post by F/V Icy Swan »

I am a chubby old duffer who comes late to air pistols and rifles. A former Division 1 rifle athlete is helping me with 10M rifle issues, including ordering an ISSF coat from Champions Choice. She will help me install the buttons correctly.

My question is whether pistol shooters use, or allowed to use, these jackets? I have just started shooting the monthly matches here, and want to know if it is OK or not to use the jacket for these postal matches?

Thanks.

Mike
JonPersson

Re: ISSF Coats for Air Pistol

Post by JonPersson »

Issf dress code doesn’t allow the use of rifle jackets, rifle pants or similar type of performance enhancing clothes for pistol shooters.

This is defined in:
ISSF 6. General Technical Rules 6.20
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

The beauty of being a pistol shooter is that we can show up in shorts and a T-shirt and we're ready to go. Wearing sweats - no problemo! Heck, we can even go to the line wearing Bunny Slippers. Of course, some may consider us pistoleros to be a "bunch of freaks" compared to the rifle crowd wearing their space-suits, but it's a whole bunch of freedom!
F/V Icy Swan

Post by F/V Icy Swan »

Perfect! Off to order Bunny Slippers.

Mike
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

I do not know what bunnyslippers is, but l know there is a dressing code which involves shoes.
F/V Icy Swan

Post by F/V Icy Swan »

I am fine with the required dress code. No problem.

Mike
David M

Post by David M »

j danielsson wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:58 pm I do not know what bunnyslippers is, but l know there is a dressing code which involves shoes.
bunny_slippers.jpg
Enclosed footware not covering the ankles.....
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

Slippers are not shoes, not allowed, just like flip flops. They mayball be comfortable but they are not sporty and the ISSF wants pistol shooting to look sporty (many people don't consider shooting sports as sports), that's why jeans are not allowed any more either. Local bodies may have more relaxed rules and exceptions for their competitions, but not for the international competitions.

The ISSF was looking for feedback about new clothing rules. You may still be able to submit your ideas. This was my proposal : https://www.olympicpistol.com/issf-pist ... -proposal/
Ramon
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Perhaps then, GORILLA-SLIPPERS would be more macho!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Come on, man.... Bunny slippers aren't allowed because they give you an advantage over your competitors!

You know how hard it would be to shoot near someone wearing them; you would be snickering and giggling, shaking with barely suppressed laughter, and totally losing all concentration. You just KNOW that the guy wouldn't be buying the beer later.