Walther SSP-E or Pardini SP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Cvb

Walther SSP-E or Pardini SP

Post by Cvb »

I’m planning to buy Walther SSP-E or Pardini SP.
Why Pardini is so popular?
I’m more interested of SSP-E because it has an electronic trigger. Would it be better for dry fire practice?
How do you practice dry fire for rapid fire with Pardini without electric trigger? I have understood that Pardini no longer sell electronic triggers.
crankythunder

Re: Walther SSP-E or Pardini SP

Post by crankythunder »

Hey Cvb:

Have you had a chance to shoot both of them?

When I purchased my Pardini I shot a number of high dollar target pistols for evaluation. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to test almost all of them and the Pardini and the Walther are both awesome pistols.

I selected the Pardini because I liked it better.

I can list a couple of benefits like the adjustable recoil reduction system, the awesome support at Pardini USA, the incredible reliability of the pistol, and how durable mine has been.

Trigger adjustments, while not simple, are not that difficult either. Definately not as complex as my FWB AW 093.

I purchased my Pardini SPBE in 2013 and have experienced excellent reliability. The only malfunction was around round number 40,000 where a bunch of crud had collected in the firing pin recess and when I cleaned it out it went right on being just as reliable.

I recently replaced the plastic buffer, I think I got 100,000 rounds use out of the buffer although they do recommend you replace it every couple of years or 10,000 rounds.

Even though I got the recommended parts kit, I have not had to replace any other parts with the sole exception of the magazine base that cracked when I dropped it on the floor.

Make no mistake, the Walther is a awesome pistol like the pardini, but i am not sure that you have the same support system in place for it.

Also, with the problems with the electronic triggers in non air gun firearms, I would be leary of a electronic trigger.

REgards,
Cranky
sparky

Post by sparky »

The Pardini is popular because it's a design that works reliably, has been around for a while, and has very good support here in the U.S. The Walther looks nice, but I'd be leery about the reliability and longevity of electronic triggers (particularly since Walther specifically has a history of not supporting their past electronic trigger designs) and the long=term support for the SSP-E in general. In addition, if you're using it for bullseye, the top loading magazines are going to complicate what red dots you can use and how you can mount them, while the Pardini has a thin rail already machined into the frame.
Cvb

Post by Cvb »

Thanks,
Our club has Pardini and I have been practicing with that. Problem is that I can’t test SSP-E.
I’m from Europe so I haven’t needs for bullseye.

How about better dry fire practicing with SSP-E? Anyone can see that benefit?
sparky

Post by sparky »

I suppose the easier dryfire is a benefit. With the Pardini, you need to use a provided barrel plug and recock the gun after each trigger pull. If you're in Europe and only using it with iron sight only disciplines, have you also looked at the SAM MG2 and FAS 6007?
SuperIIFT

Post by SuperIIFT »

Hello
I bought my Pardini 20014 .
NO Problems at all
My wife got her's 6 mo after I got mine
NO problems at all
To dry fire use the included chamber plug and just move the bolt ? back about a 1/2"
I do it a lot
Get the Pardini YOU WILL LIKE IT
Dennis B
william

Post by william »

Cvb wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:20 am Thanks,
Our club has Pardini and I have been practicing with that. Problem is that I can’t test SSP-E.
I’m from Europe so I haven’t needs for bullseye.

How about better dry fire practicing with SSP-E? Anyone can see that benefit?
Unless there is something you dislike about the Pardini, why look for trouble? The fact that you can't test the Walther says all you need to know about what you might face when you need support.
joel

Post by joel »

I have the Walther SSP, mechanical trigger, and it is a fantastic pistol. No misfires or stovepipes, very dependable. They've been around for a few years. If you are going to use a dot, this isn't the easiest pistol for that. If you're shooting irons, then it's great. I use my Matchguns for red dot and the Walther for irons.

Also, from my experience, the a Pardini trigger is average whereas the Matchguns and Walther triggers are far superior.

My 2 cents,
Joel
Cvb

Post by Cvb »

I know Pardini is very good and seems very popular if looking competition. But this could not be reason to stop looking is there better options available?

If you cannot dry fire practice rapid fire and fast programs with Pardini should I assume that dry fire practice is not so popular nowadays? I have understood that it is very important practice method for competition shooters, is it?
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

Try Walther GSP with dry fire trigger package..
I have not looked at the cost of the GSP in a long time
But know you will need the dedicated dryfiring trigger unit.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I have owned both the SSP E and Pardini SP RF which I still have.
My findings may be different to others but I fell head over heels with the SSP E and loved every thing about it except for one thing.....I could not group or score well with it.

I have no explanation for this but I score better with the Pardini.
It was a bit like being married to a gorgeous woman who had little interest in sex.

My findings only.

p.s. I have also owned multiple GSP’s and although beautifully made their 50 year old design makes them too front heavy.
Along with their grip restrictions ( to fit in the issf measuring box ) I found them unsuitable by comparison to more modern pistols.
Cvb

Post by Cvb »

deadeyedick wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:25 am I have owned both the SSP E and Pardini SP RF which I still have.
My findings may be different to others but I fell head over heels with the SSP E and loved every thing about it except for one thing.....I could not group or score well with it.
What did you like SSP-E dry fire possibility? Did it work well on dry fire pracitice?
Yes it's understandable that you shoot with Pardini if it gives better scores :)
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

The dry fire function and the electronic trigger are both excellent on the SSPE.

The balance, pointability and adjustability are also second to none ....not to mention it’s good looks.

I have also owned the M version and liked it very much...but loved the E.
Leon

Post by Leon »

My experience is almost the same as Deadeyedicks.

I've had an SSP M, SSP E. I didn't like the SSP M much, the trigger on the SSP E is great but it's recoil recovery sucked.

At the moment I have a Walther GSP, Unique 96/U, Sako TriAce, Pardini SP All In One, Benelli MP90S World Cup and the FAS 6007 (and a 602 and 607). Plus a few others.

Of all those, I rate the FAS 6007 the highest (it is amazing), with the Benelli MP90S not far behind. Then the Pardini...

I also like shooting my SIG-Hammerli P240 .22 a lot - it is very smooth and a delight to shoot.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

👍
Ray Dash

Post by Ray Dash »

Leon wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:18 pm My experience is almost the same as Deadeyedicks.

I've had an SSP M, SSP E. I didn't like the SSP M much, the trigger on the SSP E is great but it's recoil recovery sucked.

At the moment I have a Walther GSP, Unique 96/U, Sako TriAce, Pardini SP All In One, Benelli MP90S World Cup and the FAS 6007 (and a 602 and 607). Plus a few others.

Of all those, I rate the FAS 6007 the highest (it is amazing), with the Benelli MP90S not far behind. Then the Pardini...

I also like shooting my SIG-Hammerli P240 .22 a lot - it is very smooth and a delight to shoot.
First positive remark I have heard on the Fas 6007 I have heard so far. I had one in my cart a couple times and took it out waiting to hear some reviews.
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

I have a chance to aquire a P240 38spl with .22 conversion.
What was so nice about the 240 in .22?
Leon

Post by Leon »

Tangohammerli wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:55 am I have a chance to aquire a P240 38spl with .22 conversion.
What was so nice about the 240 in .22?
It is very smooth to shoot, not fussy about ammunition and recoil, due to it's all steel construction, is almost non-existent.

If you have an opportunity to acquire P240 in .38, with a .22 conv unit, jump on it.
Leon

Post by Leon »

"First positive remark I have heard on the Fas 6007 I have heard so far. I had one in my cart a couple times and took it out waiting to hear some reviews."

The 6007 is a high quality and well-finished firearm. They are made on CNC machinery now, and this precision is evident.

Mine has been 100% reliable, with a variety of ammunition.

I particularly like the fact that you can adjust the rake and sideways inclination of the grip, the ability to adjust the weight and balance of the gun during a shoot ( It's barrel weights are affixed to grooves either side of the frame/barrel shroud and, as they are held in place by nylon friction screws, you can just move them fore and aft with a touch of your finger - and they stay put.

I didn't like the thin front sight (4mm I think), but my gunsmith made a 6.5mm front sight and widened the rear sight notch to 7mm, and now it looks great.