ISSF Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rkittine

ISSF Free Pistol

Post by rkittine »

I know that there is no Olympic Free Pistol even anymore, but my new Walther FP-500 finally shipped. Walther / Sig / Hammerli have all our either out of business or out of the free pistol business and Walther sold me the last FP-500 they had and will ever had. Bought some spare parts, to help.

So now with my TOZ-35M and the Morini I will be getting at the end of next month, I will be able to at least get two others to shoot free pistol with me even if I have to lend them the guns.

Bob
FP-500 II.jpg
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV
-TT-

Re: ISSF Free Pistol

Post by -TT- »

Colorful! Enjoy your new Freedom :)
spektr

Post by spektr »

You did see that ISSF has added men's team, women's team and Mixed team FP to the world championship events list.... I suspect this is to get them back into the O Games .....
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

spektr wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 pm You did see that ISSF has added men's team, women's team and Mixed team FP to the world championship events list.... I suspect this is to get them back into the O Games .....
To get new events into the Olympics we would have to lose existing ones.

The IOC want to shrink the Olympics, not grow them. Withe new sports being introduced we will be lucky to keep what we've got.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

David Levene wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:20 pm To get new events into the Olympics we would have to lose existing ones.
They could always drop "Olympic BREAK DANCING."
dschaller

Post by dschaller »

How bout they just replace the stupid Air Pistol team match with Free Pistol? At least that would offer different people a chance to shoot in the Olympics rather than the same ones that qualified in Air Pistol...
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

dschaller wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:14 am How bout they just replace the stupid Air Pistol team match with Free Pistol? At least that would offer different people a chance to shoot in the Olympics rather than the same ones that qualified in Air Pistol...
I'm afraid you've completely missed the point. They are trying to reduce the number of competitors, not increase it; all at the same time as introducing new sports.
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

Plus the mixed team matches are great!

I love Free Pistol but most ranges I know in Belgium don't have 50 meters, which makes it difficult to practice and to have more people that compete.