Any interest in a postal AP/AR league this winter?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tom

Any interest in a postal AP/AR league this winter?

Post by Tom »

Hiya,

I'm the air gun discipline chair at Pioneer Sportsmen in Concord, NH. We run a 24 match schedule on Tuesdays from October to March. This year with all the Covid-19 precautions we anticipate lower turnout. To boost participation, I want to open it up to postal participation. If people are interested, reply to this thread and we'll see if we can get this going.

Details:
In person matches are Tuesday's starting Oct 13, postal scores must be emailed by 9PM PST on Tuesday to count for that weeks match, results will be tabulated and sent out within 48 hours normally.
Cost: $10 USD for all 24 matches, basically 42 cents per match. (all funds go to the club to support shooting sports)
Informal, but scoring will be recorded for weekly results and average sent via email.
10M for both pistol and rifle.
60 shots
Shooters supply own targets/scoring system
Junior shooters are welcome, 40 shot match, scored apart from adults.
Shooters local to the Concord NH area are welcome to participate in person however, there is an additional $2 range fee per match and targets are supplied.

Thanks for your time,
Tom
Ramon OP

Re: Any interest in a postal AP/AR league this winter?

Post by Ramon OP »

Great initiative!

Can you please let me know once it is confirmed so that I can include it in my list of online comptetitions? https://www.olympicpistol.com/online-competitions/ Thanks
Ramon
rpm

Post by rpm »

Tom, I would be very interested in the 10m air rifle matches. Let me know what information you need from me.

Ron
Dr.Don

Post by Dr.Don »

Interested in the AP part. For a postal, do you send in the targets or just the scores (self-scored)?
Dr.Don
Tom

Post by Tom »

Dr.Don wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:32 am Interested in the AP part. For a postal, do you send in the targets or just the scores (self-scored)?
Dr Don,

As this is informal while we try this out this year, it will be shooters honor to self-score and report via email.

Tom
Dr.Don

Post by Dr.Don »

OK, I'm in to try the AP postal. Tell me how/where to send the fee and entry info.
Dr.Don
Rover

Post by Rover »

It may have escaped your notice that Siordian1 is currently running an international air pistol match on this site for free.

The only price you'll pay is the abuse at the hands of your fellow competitors.
Dr.Don

Post by Dr.Don »

Yup. I've been in the Siordan1 monthly match for several months. Thought I would try a weekly too.
Dr.Don
Tom

Post by Tom »

All,

Sorry for the delay getting back to this, it's been a crazy month both at the club and personally. For the club aspect, we had a bit of red tape to get through with the directors meeting and scheduling the range for the local shooters as well as the Navy Sea Cadets. For myself, I now have a matching set of bionic knees since last week.

SO there are a few changes:
The schedule is now starting on Nov 3, every Tuesday, ending March 16
Cost: $10 USD, one entry fee covers all matches.
Scores are due at midnight US PST on match day
Results will be emailed BCC by Midnight US PST the following Saturday
Payment can be made via check mailed to the club address with "Airgun Postal" noted on the envelope
Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc.
PO Box 403
Concord, NH 03302-0403

https://sites.google.com/site/pioneersportsmen/home

I realize there is a cost to this, so it may not be for everyone. I can't compete with "free leagues", I'm not trying to, my mission is to promote the shooting sports in general and the air sports as much as I can in New Hampshire. For that, we need to maintain and support our club facilities and infrastructure so we can host events that bring shooters to participate and grow.

I invite everyone to visit our club site and see all we have to offer and if you're ever in the area, drop me a note and I'll bring you to visit the club as my guest and give you the VIP tour. :-)