Problem with new Steyr Evo 10 E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sal6781

Problem with new Steyr Evo 10 E

Post by sal6781 »

I just bought a new Steyr Evo 10 E from Pilkington Competition. The problem is the USB plug will not fit into the receptacle in the handle. The module sits too far inside.This is a poor arrangement and a poor design in my View ! I can only charge it taking the plate off. Is this a common occurrence ? Does anyone have an idea for an easy fix for this ? I hate to have to go through the trouble of sending it back.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Re: Problem with new Steyr Evo 10 E

Post by atomicgale »

Standard USB should fit . . .
1. Is the plate flush to your grip?
2. Obstructions? Anything obvious?
3. Wrong plug? HDMI instead of USB?
4. Else, call Pilkington first; they stand behind everything & are totally righteous!

Best close-up:
JonPersson

Post by JonPersson »

Have you looked behind the small circuit board? There should be two pieces of foam that supports the circuit board. If the top one is missing, I imagine a problem like yours may occur.

The connection always feels a bit mushy, due to the foam behind the board, but I have never had a problem connecting the micro USB into the gun.
C76FAB16-59DE-4989-A1E0-473DFDB5847D.jpeg
//Jon
sal6781

Post by sal6781 »

Thank you for this picture. That foam was not there. Hard to believe that it would be sent out this way on a brand new gun. However, it's an easy fix.