New here, introducing myself

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

bryan123

New here, introducing myself

Post by bryan123 »

Hi! First post.

My name is Bryan and I'm a 60 year old physician north of Boston and I've been into airguns for three years. My girlfriend was a US Army sharpshooter in the Gulf War in her mid 20's, and she got me into it. We have a CMP 853 .177 and shoot at Olympic targets at 10 meters.

I was referred here by the guys at GTA because I won the gold medal in the 10m rifle offhand match a couple of times with scores of 163/200 and most recently 174 / 200. They tell me that you guys typically get scores of 540 / 600 or higher and that's where I want to be.

I'm looking to learn anything I can that will make me a better shooter. Looking forward to talking to you all.

Best,

Bryan

Daisy 901
Avanti Legend CMP 853 with trigger mod
Daisy 717 from the collection of DT Fletcher, modded trigger
Beeman P17
Bryan
RR (2)
CMP 853 trigger mod
717 DT Fletcher Collection, trigger mod
P17
5 ,10m targets, occasional plinking, always fun.
bdutton

Re: New here, introducing myself

Post by bdutton »

bryan123 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:49 pm Hi! First post.

My name is Bryan and I'm a 60 year old physician north of Boston and I've been into airguns for three years.
Hi Bryan

I live in Southern NH and there are a number of good junior teams around. Reading, Taunton, Hudson NH (my team) and Maspenock (they may have ended the rifle program though), and a bit further north is Peterboro/Keene. Pretty sure Braintree may have a program too.

Want to learn how to shoot better maybe volunteer as a coach. Take a USAS/NRA rifle coach certification program (often taught at Reading once a year) and or introduce yourself to those programs I mentioned. That way you can get taught and also teach a new generation of shooters.