Who shoots other disciplines?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JamesHH

Re: Who shoots other disciplines?

Post by JamesHH »

I shoot WA1500 for some variation from ISSF

When I was in the UK I shot Police and Service matches, most opens combined both allowing people from different disciplines to dabble.

After shooting a HiPower with a 5lb trigger Standard was a breeze.
FWB_700_Alu

Post by FWB_700_Alu »

Blackpowder Pistol (15 Shots here in Germany) - Feinwerkbau History 1
50m Pistol - Morini 84E
25m Pistol (Precision/Duell) - Walther SSP/Hämmerli 280
50m Centerfire Lever Action (Standing/Kneeing) - Uberti 73 .357 Mag
divingin

Post by divingin »

Back in the 80's when I was on the upswing of bullseye shooting, I used to shoot some early IPSC type matches. I found it did a number on my accuracy in bullseye. The combat style matches were geared towards speed more than accuracy, and tended to blow the finer points of precision out the window. No idea if it's still true. Also no idea if it was just me. I knew guys who were good at bullseye, and guys who were good at the combat stuff; I don't, however, recall anyone who was very good in both.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

They are rare, but they are out there. Or at least they were... Pat Melaragno was the pistol coach at MIT for many years, after having been an instructor for the Providence RI Police Department.

He held at least one US national Record (in Free pistol), and I believe he was double Distinguished in conventional & international pistol.

I'm not sure how it compares to IPSC, but he once stumbled across a "Bowling Pin" match (relatively new at the time) on the way home from someplace. He'd never shot it before and someone offered to loan him a .45 to try shooting a round. He walked away with 1st place...
sillymike

Post by sillymike »

I like to punch holes in paper targets :-)

Started as sporting rifle shooter, then ISSF stuff, then full bore stuff...
Joined a club with a active bullseye league, so got into 22lr and CF stuff...
While going to some pistol match, saw some guys shooting Free pistol, so had to give it a try (favorite after 3P rifle)
Work sometime got in the way of driving to the range, so got into 10M air pistol/rifle stuff
Oledawg

Post by Oledawg »

I shoot benchrest air rifle. FX Crown in .22.
JFuller

Post by JFuller »

One multidisciplined shooter that comes to mind shot in four Olympic games on Canada's pistol team and later became a match winner in IPSC events and rifle.
Not sure how he found time to do all this as well as being a doctor and author. Dr. Jules Sobrian. Google him, interesting.
F/V Icy Swan

Post by F/V Icy Swan »

Conventional NRA Bullseye Pistol [indoors at 50']; ATA and PITA trap; NSSA skeet; USPA pistol. Some sporting clays, but no much.

Mike