What New Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kyh

Re: What New Free Pistol

Post by kyh »

So other manufacture keeps their electronic circuit board parts forever? Circuit board has shelf life, capacitors go bad after certain time. Solenoid go bad after certain cycles. Let me know which gun manufacture has electronic circuit board from 30 yrs ago. Mechanical part lasted longer then electronic part. But nothing lasted for ever. Tell me which gun manufacture keeps stock of every parts of the gun they ever make? ZERO.

FP is a narrow market. Nothing lasted forever. No one stocked every parts forever. New design comes, old design get phased out.

So you think Pardini will stocked your SP pistol parts 30 years down the road?

if you are worry about orphan gun, parts. You buy the parts that is commonly used, wears, springs, firing pin, barrel etc now. Stocked it up. Than you are fine. I got toz-35, got plenty of spares from Larry's gun before it went out of business. The parts I have will out lasted me.
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

Doesn't look like many Free Pistols other than the TOZ-35M come up for sale used very often. My Friend Likes his Walther FG60, but I haven't found any of those either. I did reach out to Tom to see if he is a Pardini Dealer and to PardiniUSA who has yet to answer.

Any free pistols for sale from this group>\?

Bob
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

kyh wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:56 am So other manufacture keeps their electronic circuit board parts forever? Circuit board has shelf life, capacitors go bad after certain time. Solenoid go bad after certain cycles. Let me know which gun manufacture has electronic circuit board from 30 yrs ago. Mechanical part lasted longer then electronic part. But nothing lasted for ever. Tell me which gun manufacture keeps stock of every parts of the gun they ever make? ZERO.

FP is a narrow market. Nothing lasted forever. No one stocked every parts forever. New design comes, old design get phased out.

So you think Pardini will stocked your SP pistol parts 30 years down the road?
<snip>
You can still get Morini circuit boards for the CM84E, and it's been in production for almost 30 years.

Also, I've purchased parts from Pardini for PGP-75's that are ~ 40 years old.

If I wanted to buy a free pistol, I'd get a Morini (again). My CM84E is going strong after ~ 20 years, and they are still in production. If you are paranoid, you can stock up on spare parts with no trouble. if you can't stand electronics, then get a Pardini & buy spare parts.
kyh

Post by kyh »

40 years old part is nothing, Earl got walther parts from early 1900. I said he stocked lots parts, but I did not said he stocked every walther parts.

To Gwhite, how many times do you have to replace the circuit board on your CM84E? How often do you have to charge up the gun to keep it functional? where did you order the part? How expensive was it?

Champion choice got pardini pistol in stock.

quote from one of the forum member:

Biggest problem with broken Electronic triggers has been owners.
90% of the repairs have been leaking batteries and corroded boards.
Old cheap batteries left in pistols too long.
Biggest problem with mechanical triggers has been owners with allen keys and screwdrivers..
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I've never had to replace my board. The only problem I ever had with my CM84E was when the battery slipped out of contact under recoil because I didn't quite install it quite correctly. I think the sear engagement is getting worn, and I need to look into adjusting that or getting some parts.

I help coach a college team. In the last ten years, I've had to do quite a few repairs on their 6 Hammerli 160's. Mostly broken firing pins, & a broken cocking lever.

I've also had a Morini air pistol for almost 20 years, and have never had an issue. The college team has half a dozen Morini air air pistols, and we've never had a problem with those either. We had to buy a replacement electronics board & grip for a left handed student, and that was quick & easy.

Neither Morinis (free or air) use rechargeable batteries, which is one of the things I like about them. You get MANY thousands of shots without worry, and swapping in a fresh battery is trivial. No wires to break, charger to die, etc. Just remember to take the batteries out when the season is over.
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

Thanks to all. GWhite, where in Massachusetts are you?

I guess I am down to three at this point. Probably should just shoot my TOZ-35M and be done with it as the most I will ever shoot is some local club matches. For me, part of this is Pride of Ownership. So the three I am down to are:

Pardini FPM (Mechanical Trigger - They have discontinued the FPE with the electric trigger I have been told. - The Most expensive
Walther FP500 Mechanical Trigger and the last one available as Walther Exits the Free Pistol arena. A little less in price than the Pardini and lots of Cool Factor if you like color.
Morini - Least expensive - Question Carbon Model with the longer carbon Compensator and single or double stage trigger? At any combination, the Morini is the least expensive. Longest at 570mm for the carbon model, but Greg at Precision Pistol Box, built my new box so my Free Pistol Tray would hold any of the above including the long Marini.

Bob
rkittine@aol.com
WA2YDV
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

I had an FPE and l fully understand why they stopped producing that crap.
I bought it partly because l thought l needed a two stage trigger. Pardini made it very clear that it was necessary.
When l changed it for an FPM l was surprised to find a two stage trigger on it aswell. They did not say that in the brochures.
Anyway, l got rid of that function quite fast.
The K22 though is a pure singlestage, and l have never seen one whith a compensator, which l also took off from my FPM. And on. And off etc.
I am not sure when they put adjustable rear sight notches on the. I had a late K50 whith fixed.
The K22 has one advantage over the FPM and it is the bigger triggerguard. Overall, the FPM is better, but its mostly "blingbling".
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I find it hard to understand why there would be a two stage trigger on a FP. My trigger is set at 80gm (a lot of shooters are around that weight, I believe) and I’d defy anybody to two-stage that.

Bob
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

Thanks, I take it that your vote is for the FPM than?
Bob
rkittine@aol.com
WA2YDV
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Honestly, my advice at this time would be a Toz-35M. Actually, two Toz-35Ms. Provided they fit...the only issue I have with mine is that the trigger reach is longer than I'd like. But you set one up as a shooter, the second is a parts locker.
rem.44

Post by rem.44 »

Very often, the part of the grip where the thumb-trigger-finger crotch seats (just on the "hole" for the cleaning rod) remains too thick, and too "round".
Remove one half of the grip, and look if you can remove some material to move your hand deeper in the grip.
Once you made this adjustment on one of the half-grip, replace it, and equalize on the other half grip.

And after, you can also remove material just on the sides, at the same level of the square edges of the reciever of the pistol : on my grips, this part of the grip is not "round", and have a "v" shape, which allows my hand to seat deeper in the grip, and thus I can reach easier the trigger shoe.

You can also make yout grip thinner on the "canal" where your trigger finger seats : this finger MUST NOT touch the wood of the grip.

f***ing too short fingers !
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

Single or Double Stage Trigger? If nothing else, I am sure learning a lot here. Thanks to everyone.

Bob
rkittine@aol.com
WA2YDV
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

yesterday, 2 free pistol auctions where completed on egun.de - both in excellent condition: a TOZ35 that went for 206 euros and a Morini CM84e that went for 1120 euros.
that kinda tells the position and the availability on the (european) market. and i don;t think Morini is 5 times better than a TOZ.
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

rkittine wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:55 am Single or Double Stage Trigger?
I'm not a free pistol shooter but the pistols we're talking about have extremely light and sensitive triggers, some adjusted as low as 50 grams. Necessarily single stage.
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

Thanks, I only ask as the Morini is available with a Single Stage or a Double stage and I seem to remember someone posting that they had a two stage trigger, but modified it for single stage only?

My next question is, while looking on the Morini Web Side, it does not say anything about a Choice of Size for Grips on a CM83E. Is it a one Size, Adjustable grip only? On the Walther Site for the FP500, they were available in S/M/LG or XL.

My hand, across the knuckles measures 80-85 mm and though I am 6'1" Rink says that means a Small Grip, which is what they are making me for my TOZ.

Bob
Last edited by rkittine on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
rkittine@aol.com
WA2YDV
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Morini is definitely available in different grip sizes, and they are somewhat adjustable. I measure 90 mm across the knuckles, and use a medium.

I posted a spreadsheet with a comparison of all the different maker's grip sizes I could find. Here a posting with the link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54205&p=260599#p260599

According to it, a Morini small is what you want.
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

Rink told me from my hand outline and my measurements that I needed a Small. Thanks for your spreadsheet. It looks like that is correct.

I am somewhere in between 80 and 83, on the palm, and a little more on the back across the knuckles (around 85 ) since there is an arc to take into consideration. My longest finger measures 85mm based on how they told me to measure. So it sounds like a Small is correct and if there is adjustment available maybe a medium could be adjusted down. There is a guy on here that is selling one that says his grip is adjustable from Small to Large, which seems pretty wide?

Bob
rkittine@aol.com
WA2YDV
huckleberg

Post by huckleberg »

rkittine wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:33 am Thanks Tom, I may look into the Pardini too, but currently I am leaning toward the Walther FP500. Fort Smith will provide support.

Bob
Have you found a stocking dealer for the FP500? I asked Fort Smith directly and they haven't replied (which I find rude, having partially grown up there and still having family there).
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

I called Fort Smith a few weeks ago and left a message and never got a return call. I think they support their direct dealers. I am hoping to find out about the one they have and close a deal, hopefully today.

I used to call on Sam Walton when he was alive and still involved, so I spent time in Fort Smith. I was running a division of St. Regis Paper Company and one of the plants I was responsible for was in Sheridan, Arkansas. That was a story in itself?

Bob
rkittine@aol.com
WA2YDV
huckleberg

Post by huckleberg »

rkittine wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:16 am I called Fort Smith a few weeks ago and left a message and never got a return call. I think they support their direct dealers. I am hoping to find out about the one they have and close a deal, hopefully today.

I used to call on Sam Walton when he was alive and still involved, so I spent time in Fort Smith. I was running a division of St. Regis Paper Company and one of the plants I was responsible for was in Sheridan, Arkansas. That was a story in itself?

Bob
Please keep us informed about any stocking dealer for the FP500. I hunted in Sheridan as a brat but haven't been back in decades.