Styer LP2 Compensator

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Jchurch

Styer LP2 Compensator

Post by Jchurch »

Hello, long time lurker, but not much constructive to add, so new poster. Compensator on LP2 came loose. Three sets of witness marks on barrel. Question is how far should cone be spaced from the end of the barrel?

Thanks,
Jim
m1963

Re: Styer LP2 Compensator

Post by m1963 »

We had an LP2, some time back. If I remember right you can push it on until it stops, then tighten the screw.
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

There is no mechanical stop of compensator position for LP2. The universal distance between the barrel face (muzzle) and the compensator blade is 4.0 to 4.5 mm. Minor differences of vice grouping may occur at a certain muzzle velocity and a certain brand of pellets. With the LP2 Compact, the face of the compensator is flush with the face of the air cylinder.
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

If you want to do it exactly, you can look at the position of the cutter on the LP10. There is a fixed and probably optimal. I had one of the first LP2s, produced in 2004. It was about 4 mm. The muzzle velocity was (by producer) set for JSB 4.49 Yellow 149 to 152 m/s for the best accuracy. Hopefully it will help you.
Jchurch

Post by Jchurch »

Thanks for the help. No word yet from Styer, hence the post. If I do get official answer, I'll post it here.

Jim