Glare from target

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jscot111

Glare from target

Post by jscot111 »

Last year I had the opportunity to shoot AP at Camp Perry on electronic targets. I was amazed at the glare in the gaps at either side of the front post.
How does one reduce this glare? It isn't an issue at my home range. I,m shooting a Steyr LP10.
Scott
Gwhite

Re: Glare from target

Post by Gwhite »

I had the same problem the first few times I shot on electronic targets. I actually put a grey filter in my shooting glasses that I bought for shooting outdoors on a sunny day. I had one that was fairly minimal darkness, and that works well. Just enough to throttle down the glare.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Re: Glare from target

Post by atomicgale »

Camp Perry: Best lit (by far) AP range. Overhead lights directed toward target. Outstanding in every way.

Aniston CMP: Very good lighting. Not as good as Perry, but close.

Ft. Benning: Very good. 40 lanes, so doesn't have the issues of the 80-line (40 per side) of the CMP ranges.

Colorado Springs: Catastrophically bad. Vertically placed fluorescents, glares on the walls, your eyes, but not the target. (Can't point your pistol UP, else you might shoot the lights out - which MIGHT be worth taking a few Zero's). Issue is the C-Springs range combines 10m AP, with 25m sport/rapid, and 50m rifle. And the bad lighting is then enhanced with the floor vibrating under your feet on the the second floor range.

Then the music tastes of each place . . . hmmmm . . . .