Aeron Brno B96

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bigwhiterabbitt

Aeron Brno B96

Post by Bigwhiterabbitt »

Hoping to have a stock / grips made for an Aeron Brno B96.. Its a long shot but are the grips for the Tau 7 compatible with the B96 ?
Bsquareng

Re: Aeron Brno B96

Post by Bsquareng »

A couple of years ago I acquired a B96. It came with an aftermarket grip marked "Tau 7, XLRB7" The grip had been slightly modified to fit the frame and did not allow the full range of adjustment,but it worked fine. I decided to go with the original grip from Aaron Brno. If you are interested, I would be happy to send you the Tau 7 grip. If so, please PM me.

I have been totally happy with the B96. It is, as defined by a reviewer from the UK, " A bit twiddly" but follow the directions and don't try to force anything and the semi automatic match pistol is accurate and great fun. I am not a very good shot, but my personal best is with the Aeron.

Bruce
Bigwhiterabbitt

Replied via PM..
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

I have an Brno Aeron B-98 that needs a rebuild. Does anyone on this thread know of someone who can do that for me?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
Bsquareng

Post by Bsquareng »

Dulcimerman,
Don't know where you are, but try Matt Jackson in the UK. Email is mail@sureshot-airguns.co.uk He is a dealer for Aeron.
Bruce
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

Bsquareng wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:02 pm Dulcimerman,
Don't know where you are, but try Matt Jackson in the UK. Email is mail@sureshot-airguns.co.uk He is a dealer for Aeron.
Bruce
Thank you, Bruce. I am in Arizona, USA. I will contact him. Do you know if there are any special procedures I should follow when shipping my airgun to the UK? I know that their laws are MUCH more strict than those here in Arizona.

Thanks again.

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
Bigwhiterabbitt

I would look closer to home Dennis. I wouldn't risk shipping back and forth to the UK with something that is somewhat irreplaceable..
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

Bigwhiterabbitt wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:48 pm I would look closer to home Dennis. I wouldn't risk shipping back and forth to the UK with something that is somewhat irreplaceable..
I appreciate your concern. I've already tried to contact pretty much everyone I can think of, both near and far, without success. Airguns of Arizona, Pilkguns (our host) and a number of others, all of whom will not work on the Aeron.

I already ordered a seal kit which I did my best to install with pretty dismal results, so apparently rebuilding air guns is not one of my skill sets. I hate to let it sit as it's an expensive paper weight. My primary use for it is air pistol silhouette, but I'm not too serious about that.

If ever I DO get it repaired I'll post the resource here.

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
Bigwhiterabbitt

It is sad that we can no longer find resources for these pistols Dennis. What is the main issue with your pistol..?
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Who is the guy who set up at Camp Perry Commercial Row in the first or second building last summer? He had any number of european air pistols being offered to service. I'm totally blanking on his name. It was the same building as Pardini (#1?).
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

Bigwhiterabbitt wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:49 pm It is sad that we can no longer find resources for these pistols Dennis. What is the main issue with your pistol..?
My problems began with a leak that would drain a cylinder over night while attached to the pistol. Both cylinders maintained pressure when NOT on the pistol so I presume the pistol itself had a leak. I ordered a seal kit from a firm in the UK and did my best to remove and replace all the seals in the gun. I was unsuccessful. After my attempted fix I charged the cylinders, attached one to the gun and fired my first shot. All went well, the pellet went downrange and the magazine advanced. Upon pressing the trigger a second time, the gun fired, magazine advanced, all accompanied by a loud "BRAAPPP!" sound as the cylinder emptied completely in about a second or less. I obviously missed a seal or incorrectly re-assembled it. That's where it sits now.

I'm hoping to find some one more expert than I to attempt this task, else the gun will have become an expensive paper

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
GoodEnuf

Post by GoodEnuf »

Searching the board for past entries for the TAU 7 (which seems to share design principles with the B96) I found the following from about a year ago: "TAU 7 valve & spring issues / trouble-shooting help". The poster had problems very similar to yours and a thorough fix, including several photos was posted. The problem/fix was a messed up valve spring, and the suggested fix worked. Good Luck. JE from SW.
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

GoodEnuf wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:36 pm Searching the board for past entries for the TAU 7 (which seems to share design principles with the B96) I found the following from about a year ago: "TAU 7 valve & spring issues / trouble-shooting help". The poster had problems very similar to yours and a thorough fix, including several photos was posted. The problem/fix was a messed up valve spring, and the suggested fix worked. Good Luck. JE from SW.
Thank you, JE. I will do the search and see what I can find.

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman