Introductions and a question

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Grouse2020

Introductions and a question

Post by Grouse2020 »

New member and first post. I joined to hopefully gain some pearls of wisdom related to technique / shot process / mental and physical training / nervous and motor control systems, and really see nothing but guns and gun related stuff within the Olympic, Bullseye, and Lounge subforums. I did a sample search on what I thought would get the most content, that being "trigger control" and still came up with almost nothing. Is there any interest in a new sub-forum (I guess I'm asking whomever is the moderator) specifically related to the above topics for the guys who really are not interested in all the talk about guns and who prefer to not have to wade through so much about guns to find a needle in the haystack? I am aware of the other forum and its subforum on technique and I have all of the commonly mention texts on precision shooting. Thank you.
Dr.Don

Re: Introductions and a question

Post by Dr.Don »

By "the other forum" do you mean the Bullseye-L forum (www.bullseyeforum.net)? If not, it has a whole section directed primarily towards "fundamentals".
Dr.Don
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

There's plenty here if you look. If you don't find what you're looking for, ask a question -- users are generally very responsive.

It's a discussion forum, not a tutorial....

marky-d
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

One thing I prefer about this forum is that I find people here to be more descriptive of what happens in your head. Different metaphors, perhaps, for what the trigger "feels" like and how different people visualize sight alignment or pulling the trigger: spray-painting, pulling the front sight through the rear sight, that kind of thing. Most of the time someone's description makes sense to me and that's really helpful.
DavZee

Post by DavZee »

“ pulling the front sight through the rear sight “ I like that.....that makes sense to me for a smooth straight trigger pull.
Thanks!
Akutaro

Post by Akutaro »

Ricardo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm ...pulling the front sight through the rear sight...
Most profound. I'm definitely going to be stealing that!
David M

Post by David M »

The full quote for...
How to Shoot the perfect Shot
" Squeeze the fore sight, back thru the rear sight until the shot goes bang "
its that simple....the rest is all BS.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

A little late to the party, and geared towards rifles, but there are books out there that examine technique training, and mental strategy. However, none of those books is much help when you want to chose a new rifle/jacket/rearsight, or you need to fix a trigger that won't cock, or you suspect your barrel is knackered and want to know who will replace it. That's where the collective wisdom of this forum is invaluable.

There are also enough threads on trigger technique, shading, compensating for wind/light. It may take a bit of time with the search function.