Styer EVO 10 (Manual trigger) Grip Adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Haleva

Styer EVO 10 (Manual trigger) Grip Adjustment

Post by Haleva »

Hi,
I need to adjust the grip setting of my new EVO 10 both in the horizontal plain and the vertical plain to get a proper sight alignment when I raise the pistol (I needed similar correction on my old LP10 as well).

So I "opened" the two left screws (out of 4) for correcting the vertical tilt and the right screw on the back to bring the blade from the right side to the center.

After I assembled the grip back and tightened it, I feel occasionally, small movements of the pistol frame in the grip (usually when I apply pressure to the grip while the pistol is on the shelf). I made sure that the height of "both" screws is even as my initial thought was that is may be a result of the frame sitting only on a single screw, but the issue keep on popping from time to time.

Any idea what can be the root cause of that ? It really drive me nuts.

Thanks you.
rmca

Re: Styer EVO 10 (Manual trigger) Grip Adjustment

Post by rmca »

My suggestion is to tigthen the grip screw a bit more (don't force it...).
If the pistol rocks in the grip, it's because it's not seated properly.
There must be no contact of the pistol body with the grip housing, except at the back and bottom.
This assumes a small change in the screws. If they are backed too much, then the problem you described does appear.

Hope this helps
spektr

Post by spektr »

Did you sneak up on the tightening? Dont tighten 1 screw and then the other, you may not seat things well.... Snug the first screw gently, do the second screw gently and go back and forth until both are tight........
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

There is only a single screw at the grip buttom.
Not sure which screws you are referring to...
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I'm not familiar with the Evo, but here's a video on how the Steyr system works on LP10's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_4oMXIeZOY

I'm guessing the Evo uses the same system.
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

Evo 10 works exactly the same as LP10. Steyr referred me to those videos to go beyond the instructions in the manual. I remember something about changing the elevation in pairs of screws or only side or front. It is not in the manual so I guess it was in one of the videos.

Beware of cracking the grip if you tighten too hard (I did). If you do, wood glue is your savior.
Last edited by Ramon OP on Mon May 11, 2020 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ramon
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

Ramon OP wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:43 pm Evo 10 works exactly the same as LP10. Steyr referred me to those videos to go beyond the instructions un the manual. I remember something about changing the elevation in pairs of screws or only side or front. It is not in the manual so I guess it was in one of the videos.

Beware of cracking the grip if you tighten too hard (I did). If you do, wood glue is your savior.
Thank you, I'm familiar with these videos and followed them carefully.
KH250

Post by KH250 »

My metal grip insert part 73.7 was not bent properly . It was bent at about 85 degrees not 90. It allowed grip movement unless the mount screw was tightened more than I was comfortable with. Also makes adjusting the rake and twist very difficult. If you have the plastic spacer 73.6 ignore this. Adjusting grip to give good left / right alignment of the sights is finicky.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Just between you and me it’s a s**t system and when you look at how Walther have used a ball joint you will realise how out of place Steyrs primitive ( and difficult to get right ) approach really is.
I know this does not help you by me saying this...but it makes me feel better !

Be careful over tightening the main screw as all that will happen if all the others aren’t in perfect sync is pull screw heads into the wood of the grip giving a false sense of correction but leaving dings where there should be none.
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

Check the four lower screws are on the same plane using a flat piece of steel before putting the grip otherwise it is like a wonkey table, the two back screws should be out far enough to make sure the velocity screw is not the fulcrum at the back. Hold the frame to the grip with one hand making sure the adjustment screws are indexed on the metal insert on the grip and slowly tighten the grip screw making sure the top of the grip is clear of the rear sight because it has been known to jack the rear sight off when different grips have been used or spacers removed.