Position of pistol ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sal6781

Position of pistol ?

Post by sal6781 »

My Morini CM 162El pistol is slightly canted to the left. How can I straighten it ? Thanks. I have put up with this and should have fixed it before this.
Thanks. (or should have Morini made it adjustable haha)
JulianL

Re: Position of pistol ?

Post by JulianL »

You can try adding a little wood putty at the base of the grip near the palm rest. That should rotate the grip clockwise. However, making that change can affect how your hand falls on the grip so you may end up having to make other adjustments elsewhere on the grip. You can try this by using something that is easily removable first. I sometimes use Moleskin or plastic or wood with a little tape or weak adhesive to try things out before I add wood putty. Although, wood putty such as Kwikwood is relatively easy to remove or shape if you do something you don't like.

I suppose you could also remove material towards the top of the grip, but I find it easier to add wood putty. It is easier to remove putty and start back at your starting point. I'm specifically referring to Kwikwood. Some putties are not so easy to remove. I find it harder to get back to my starting point by adding material where I removed wood. It often isn't quite the same as before.

If the cant is more severe you may have to do both of the above and also reshape everything between to get the grip to feel just right. Whatever you do I'd do it a little at a time. Try things out then do a little more if you have to. Because of the way your hand swells and shrinks a change may feel great one day and then feel strange the next day.
spektr

Post by spektr »

This is fairly simple........

Go to the Morini Web Page.
Look at the parts breakdown.
Change 2 things.....
The rear sight connects to the lifting arm with 1 screw. remove the screw and remove the rear sight from the lift arm. Put a small piece of alumimum foil between the sight and the lift arm on the LEFT SIDE of the attach screw hole until it meets your level point. After that, locate the grub screw holding the front sight and moderator body to the barrel, loosen it and gently rotate the assembly umtil it looks straight up thru the rear sight..... retighten it and you should be happy.... Much better than near endless grip putty adjusting....
JulianL

Post by JulianL »

That is a brilliant suggestion! For sure waaaay better than messing with the grip.