LP500 e-trigger compared to Morini 162 or 200 e-trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JulianL

LP500 e-trigger compared to Morini 162 or 200 e-trigger

Post by JulianL »

Anyone have experience with both the LP500 e-trigger and the Morini 162 or 200 e-triggers? I have an LP500 mechanical and a Morini 162 electronic. I am considering going to an LP500 electronic trigger. Just wondering how the triggers compare in terms of feel.

Thanks for any input!
Julian
Coolmeester

Re: LP500 e-trigger compared to Morini 162 or 200 e-trigger

Post by Coolmeester »

LP500 e-trigger is OK. Not very great feeling but very stable settings you can trust. I think Morini triggers are far better than LP500.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
JulianL

Post by JulianL »

Thanks! Good to know. How does the LP500 e-trigger feel compared to the mechanical? From what I observe the first stage is exactly the same mechanism. Does the second stage feel much different?
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

There is some difference because you are pulling microswitch vs mechanics. Some may not like the feel of e-trigger, but if you like dryfiring much, it may be worth of it because you dont have to reset the trigger mechanism. Making holding excercises are much more enjoyable if you can make trigger relases all the time as you hold.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
JulianL

Post by JulianL »

I appreciate your thoughts. Sometimes I just want to build my own trigger. It seems there is always something that is missing from each pistol. I like the LP500 a lot for it's flexibility and light weight. I can adjust everything how I like it. I just don't like the trigger that much.
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

MEC has a few aftermarket triggers on there website. I always used one on my Steyr LP10
JulianL

Post by JulianL »

Thanks for the suggestion. I recently discovered the MEC triggers, but I'm talking about the trigger assembly versus the trigger blade itself. I'd like to incorporate both first and second stage into the the X-Change trigger assembly location. For whatever reason the first stage of the LP500 doesn't agree with me.