Scatt Setup Mac

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Kewton

Scatt Setup Mac

Post by Kewton »

Looking for help setting up scatt Mx-02 using Mac book, anyone having experience with please help.
Th.

Re: Scatt Setup Mac

Post by Th. »

For Mac you need the expert software.
Attachments
29DC3586-7C4C-4717-BDBA-84767EBBE6B4.jpeg
fowlerscoco

Post by fowlerscoco »

I use a WS1 and professional software on my mac by using parallels and installing windows on my computer. Apple has since dropped support for bootcamp on my late 2011 macbook pro and the work around is to use parallels to run Windows 10. I also use a dongle called Luna Display to stream from my old mac to my old ipad since both don't support sidecar. The ipad isn't needed, but I would much rather have my ipad fall off the table than my mac...

The big con is that you need to buy a parallels license and potentially a separate windows license. If I remember right, parallels installs an unlicensed version of windows 10 with some main features disabled. You might be able to use this to just run scatt, but I'm not sure. FYI there's also a weird bug with parallels in which the pop up windows such as target selection and the sighter shot window constantly shift upwards and eventually off screen. The windows are still functional by pressing enter, but you can't see them to select a different target or change settings. This is fixed by either dragging or resizing the window to bring it down before it disappears off screen. If you do lose the window, the only way that I've found to bring it back is by uninstalling and reinstalling windows 10. Beyond that glitch, the professional software in this set up works great!
Erud

Post by Erud »

Like Th said above, just download the SCATT Expert software for Mac OS from the SCATT web site here:

https://www.scatt.com/downloads/

Nothing to it. I've been using an MX-02 since about 2014 on my MacBook. Previously had to use parallels and windows, but the Expert program is Mac native.
Kewton

Post by Kewton »

Thanks for the help I’ll download the expert and give it a try. I’m not very good with this stuff lol it’s the wife’s Mac and she just loaded what the guy we bought from told us will let you know how it goes. Thanks
Kewton

Post by Kewton »

Got the expert software loaded printed targets but the only thing that seems to be working it the preview mode. I thought we needed to calibrate but don’t see an option to do so. I’m sure I’m missing some same steps.
Th.

Post by Th. »

If you go to the scatt downloadsite than you can download the usermanual for the MX-W2. This also contains the manual for the expert-software.
Erud

Post by Erud »

If you have any issues with setup, don’t hesitate to call SCATT USA. Alex has been very helpful and friendly when I’ve had questions.
Modena

Post by Modena »

you might like to look here too, there are detailed videos and how-to's.

https://forum.scatt.com
Kewton

Post by Kewton »

Thanks for all the help, simple fix lol we didn’t have enough lighting. Works great now leave it to my wife to figure it out!