Question on Aiming / Lowering onto the Aiming Zone - Air Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
apron

Question on Aiming / Lowering onto the Aiming Zone - Air Pistol

Post by apron »

Lately , I have these questions on the captioned :
I am shooting in the following way : Lowering from top of the black at 12 o'clock , I will start preloading on the trigger , gradually increase pressure on the trigger , keeping a good sight picture , until I land at the zone below the black at 6 o'clock , and in a brisk (if the timing & training come to good effect) , it will release ; somehow , discussing this with a senior shooter/coach , he said this is the old Russian way , the up-dated way is to : yes - preload to second stage , no need to further increase pressure on trigger , lower the pistol into the zone below 6 , and then start increasing pressure , let it flow , until it releases ; also he emphasize - during the flow , do not adjust the sight picture (presuming the hold on the sight is good) , he said slightly slanted sight picture will result as bad as a 8 , but adjusting the sight picture will be disastrous ; in a way , he is like suggesting shooting with subconcious in the below 6. I hope I am explaining this clearly. And would like to hear opinions & comments. Thank you.
Tangohammerli

Re: Question on Aiming / Lowering onto the Aiming Zone - Air Pistol

Post by Tangohammerli »

I agree.
GeraldS1

Post by GeraldS1 »

What is slanted sight picture?

So you're saying lower it then hold it still in the sub 6 o'clock spot as you squeeze the trigger?
The squeeze is relaxed and controlled, but is it fairly fast?
What is your breathe doing? - exchange as you lower and then hold as you hold in the sub 6 spot?
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=in ... M%3DHDRSC3

There is very good pictorial video on where sub-six and where to focus on front sight.

Notice he made a circling focal point on the front sight. Note that circling focus is on the front sight. It is in the middle/ middle bottom of the front sight. Many people make mistake of looking at the top part of the front sight, or worse on the top line of front sight. The correct focal point on the front sight is in the middle or bottom middle of that front sight. If your focal point to too high on front sight, you might jump up to that black target easily, also you might trying to line up top front sight with top rear sight. That is not where your focus should be.