Love this quote

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

JamesHH

Re: Love this quote

Post by JamesHH »

I found this quote a while back

"What I want to do is to set in place laws which allow the mentally ill to murder tens or hundreds of their fellow citizens on a whim, and to ensure they have the the means and equipment to do so" - Samuel Adams
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Given the term "Mentally ill" is a term coined in the early twentieth century, JamesHH must be quoting the drunken, beer-drinking Samuel Adams of modern day, while he waxes poetic on some bar stool.

Sorry JamesHH, let's not disparage our patriots, the Founding Fathers, or modern-Americans who can pass a Form 4473.

Here's some suggested reading:

Cite: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... _disorders
David M

Post by David M »

“Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet”
- Abraham Lincoln
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

"“I never understood wind, You know, I know windmills very much. I’ve studied it better than anybody I know. It’s very expensive. They’re made in China and Germany mostly — very few made here, almost none. But they’re manufactured tremendous — if you’re into this — tremendous fumes. Gases are spewing into the atmosphere.
You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint — fumes are spewing into the air. Right? Spewing. Whether it’s in China, Germany, it’s going into the air. It’s our air, their air, everything — right?”" - Donald Trump - 45th and Final President of the United States
rbs

Post by rbs »

the words of trump, so enduring.....the man of many tweets
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

JamesHH: Please seek professional help immediately.

If an emergency, dial 911.

You are part of the problem.
Rover

Post by Rover »

JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

You don't think the guy who murdered his family then thanked Trump and the NRA is the problem?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-m ... -nra-trump
Erud

Post by Erud »

JamesHH wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:04 pm You don't think the guy who murdered his family then thanked Trump and the NRA is the problem?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-m ... -nra-trump
Are you asking if people think that murderers are a problem?
69Dart

Post by 69Dart »

william wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:18 am One must wonder how Mason, Washington, Henry, Tucker and others might react if they were to come back to life and witness the daily carnage extreme (mis?)interpretation of their idea leads to.

"In 2017, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 39,773 people died from firearm-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC." That's over 100 persons a day, primarily homicide and suicide. Even allowing for inflated statistics - if the total is reduced by half it's still 50 a day. Who really believes that Washington or Mason would consider that an acceptable price to pay for ideological purity?
I'd be more curious to see how they reacted to the number of abortions carried out each year in the US.
william

Post by william »

69Dart wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:26 pm
william wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:18 am One must wonder how Mason, Washington, Henry, Tucker and others might react if they were to come back to life and witness the daily carnage extreme (mis?)interpretation of their idea leads to.

"In 2017, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 39,773 people died from firearm-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC." That's over 100 persons a day, primarily homicide and suicide. Even allowing for inflated statistics - if the total is reduced by half it's still 50 a day. Who really believes that Washington or Mason would consider that an acceptable price to pay for ideological purity?
I'd be more curious to see how they reacted to the number of abortions carried out each year in the US.
You could consult the record. Abortion wasn't outlawed until decades after the constitution was debated and ratified. New Jersey has some of the best documented legislative history; when abortion was made illegal there it was considered an offense against the mother and not the fetus. It may interest you - or maybe not - that staunchest opponent of abortion, the Roman Catholic Church, didn't adopt its current blanket prohibition until 4 years after the end of the War of Southern Treason, long after Washington, Mason and the rest of them died without doing anything about it.

Now, perhaps, you'll return to the actual topic at hand.
69Dart

Post by 69Dart »

To the topic at hand, the quote by Samuel Adams, I like it.

Now perhaps William, you too will return to it.
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

"I should like to see an America run for the benefit of rich landowners and corporations - screw the people" - Samuel Adams
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

JamesHH wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:37 pm "I should like to see an America run for the benefit of rich landowners and corporations - screw the people" - Samuel Adams
. . . apparently the new medication isn't working . . . .
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

JamesHH wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:37 pm "I should like to see an America run for the benefit of rich landowners and corporations - screw the people" - Samuel Adams
I see you are taking a page from Adam Schiff's playbook and making things up to support your position. Shame!

Dulcmrman
Ray Odle

Post by Ray Odle »

Only free people are free to possess property free from government permission. Free people are the safest and happiness and most affluent.
Our war of independence started with the British marching on Concord to confiscate the most powerful arms of the time, canon, ball and powder. The 2A denies the government the authority to deny us arms. The fact that they stole the power to stomp on us does not make it right nor us safer. A democracy is the law of the jungle. The majority eats the minority. Our founders created a Bill of Rights that wisely limited majority vote to protect us all from tyrants, to protect our ability protect our freedoms from the powerful arrogant elite.
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

Go to your gun store, ask for a brand new new machine-gun, rocket launcher and flamethrower.

Then consider just what freedoms to possess property you really have, and just how effective the 2A is in denying the government authority to deny you arms.
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

Better yet, ask for:

Uzi 9 millimeter,
12-gauge auto-loader,
.45 long-slide with laser sighting,
Phase plasma Rifle in 40-watt range . . . .

WHAT? PLASMA RIFLEs are BANNED?

Ray Odle

Post by Ray Odle »

You two demonstrate the government having stolen the power to stomp on our rights to deny us life, liberty and property.
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

Ray Odle, don't count "me" in with that "we." Our duty as law-abiding citizens is to remain highly trained & armed to the teeth 24/7. Trust me, here in the Tennessee Appalachia, criminals & pink-O Libtards don't fare too well.

And Ray - YOU LIVE IN ILLINOIS