Ways of the Rifle?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Brazos

Ways of the Rifle?

Post by Brazos »

I see when it comes to books about this sport Ways of the Rifle seems to always come up as the most repeated. By the same authors there is another book Air Rifle Training and Competition. If a person owned neither book and is primarily focused on air rifle which book would you suggest buying first?
bberg7794

Re: Ways of the Rifle?

Post by bberg7794 »

I own both books and they are both excellent. If you are only shooting air rifle and only standing position, Air Rifle Training and Competition has everything you need. It is newer and more up-to-date. It talks about the SCATT electronic training system a lot, and also has many excellent pages devoted to sights and sighting. There are 10 pages devoted to prone/kneeling for 3-Posision and 12 pages devoted to European shooting off a rest in Air Rifle T&C. If you are a devoted position shooter, Ways of the Rifle is much more thorough regarding prone and kneeling positions. It also deals with outdoor smallbore a bit. I do very much enjoy Ways of the Rifle, but I find myself reading Air Rifle Training and Competition more.