Toz FP ammo

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jabberwo

Toz FP ammo

Post by jabberwo »

What are y’all feeding your Toz, or other, FP?

Thanks,
Jab
samg

Re: Toz FP ammo

Post by samg »

Jab. I have had really good results with good old Federal AM22. That is the stuff that comes in a white and black box of 325 rounds that says "target grade performance". I am sure this will start an ammo war because it high velocity, but for me it works well. I have put thousands of these guys through the TOZ with no ill effects and no fouling. Cheers... Sam
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

The top performer in the TOZ I used to have seemed to always be RWS R-50. Didn't care much about the batch. That gun liked them all.
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

IPshooter wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:07 pm The top performer in the TOZ I used to have seemed to always be RWS R-50. Didn't care much about the batch. That gun liked them all.
I don't have the link immediately available but a US Army armorer on the marksmanship rifle team, someone who had a lot of barrels pass through his shop for testing, had noted that a good barrel shoots everything well, not just one special load.

Since I don't shoot too well Eley Club is what I run in my TOZ-35M. It shoots to call even if I don't like the scoring ring number.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

I have been using CCI 0035, Fiocchi 22FLRN, and Eley Target and Club. CCI and Fiocchi are very cheap, $3 box.
The CCI have a lot of wax that will gum the chamber, so I need to clean it with a brush every 30 shots or so or the spent casing won't fully eject.
Otherwise at my skill level (low) I don't see any difference.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Don Nygord recommended RWS Target. (Target Rifle, I guess, these days).
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

My Toz machine rested 0.400" with RWS R-50 back in the day. It always shot Tenex well. I occasionally break it out and run CCI SV through it with excellent results.
Jon
sillymike

Post by sillymike »

Sa-tevo wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:45 pm Since I don't shoot too well Eley Club is what I run in my TOZ-35M. It shoots to call even if I don't like the scoring ring number.
+1

I tried some of the more expensive Eley and Lapua stuff, vs Eley Club and CCI SV... and my results were pretty much the same.
spektr

Post by spektr »

I shoot Wolf Match Target mostly, CCI SV Paperbox is too long to close without undue force. I've tried a bunch of other stuff and can't hold hard enough to really tell the differences......